Thank God I Got to See Last NU-OU Game

With you speedily approaching date with the Big 10, I am so very happy that I was able to see the last NU-OU game. The OU fans that I encountered were wonderful and I will always remember sharing a drink and remembering games that built the tradition, while toasting what we all hoped would be another great game for both teams in the iconic series. I will always cherish standing in south stadium in 2001 getting a small taste of what my parents always told me about "the great NU-OU rivalry;" but I cannot begin to put into words how happy I am that I got to see NU top OU in a great defensive battle last fall while standing next to my Dad. So thank you OU and all of your fans, because even though I grew up in the age of the Big 12 (I was 13 in `95), the NU-OU series has given me a lifetime of memories!

With you speedily approaching date with the Big 10, I am so very happy that I was able to see the last NU-OU game. The OU fans that I encountered were wonderful and I will always remember sharing a drink and remembering games that built the tradition, while toasting what we all hoped would be another great game for both teams in the iconic series. I will always cherish standing in south stadium in 2001 getting a small taste of what my parents always told me about "the great NU-OU rivalry;" but I cannot begin to put into words how happy I am that I got to see NU top OU in a great defensive battle last fall while standing next to my Dad. So thank you OU and all of your fans, because even though I grew up in the age of the Big 12 (I was 13 in `95), the NU-OU series has given me a lifetime of memories!

I think you will still be able to play the NU-OU game every year. At lest I hope you will. It is one of the best rivalries in college football. When Penn State joined the Big Ten, they kept their rivalry with Pitt. At any rate, welcome to the big ten. I'm excited to have another team that will clobber my pathetic Hoosiers on a regular basis.