Thank you, Big 10 Fans!

Hey guys, welcome to the BigTen!

I hope to see you guys on the BigTen Network this year, Jim Delaney said that some of your OTF sports may be shown this year already even though you're still BigXII.

We are a tight knit community. We are the Big Ten, and we are prideful of it. We may be part of tOSU or UofM, but when we play we represent the Big Ten. That's the mentality we as a conference carry. In out of conference games we root for our conference brethren no matter how bitterly we hate them. I root for Michigan when they play non-Big Ten teams, even if I refuse to purchase anything in the state.

So, welcome the the Big Ten guys, I hope you settle in well and pick up on the pride we share.

OTF = Other than football

i'll be rooting for every big 10 team this year, including NU.

With what I have seen brought to this board by all the big ten fans, it really reassures me about this realignment decision. Lots of good people coming over here to respectfully and intelligently talk football. You gotta like that. Look forward to seeing you all in the stadiums in 11'. I'll be going to the road games for sure!

Now all I need is a bowl game next year against a Big 10 team. Ooooh yeah. :thumbs

You guys have all been pretty classy!

Meh, wait until the honeymoon is over. :) I think we all know how it's going to go down once we're all in the thick of it. I think most of the Big Ten folks are thrilled, obviously. For a lot of reasons. Conference championship, new blood, and at the end of the day...it's Nebraska. Rather than, say...Rutgers. :facepalm: I mean, seriously...Rutgers? Nebraska is a University everybody can be pleased about joining.

I think most will agree that Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, and Minnesota are the guys you really can't hate.

Wiscy is borderline. I personally don't have a huge problem with Iowa but for the fact that they've been a real freaking pain for the last how many years we played them.

We can be obnoxious, but you gotta love the White Out.

I can't wait to see the Huskers in Big 10 action, they've always been my favorite in the Big 12 and overall I think Nebraska's going to be a great addition to the Conference. It'll be interesting to see how the subdivisions of the conference fall into place.

Thanks and welcome to HuskerBoard! :thumbs

Meh, wait until the honeymoon is over. :) I think we all know how it's going to go down once we're all in the thick of it. I think most of the Big Ten folks are thrilled, obviously. For a lot of reasons. Conference championship, new blood, and at the end of the day...it's Nebraska. Rather than, say...Rutgers. :facepalm: I mean, seriously...Rutgers? Nebraska is a University everybody can be pleased about joining.

I think most will agree that Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, and Minnesota are the guys you really can't hate.

Wiscy is borderline. I personally don't have a huge problem with Iowa but for the fact that they've been a real freaking pain for the last how many years we played them.

Yeah, Rutgers, really? They act like they invented football or something. :sarcasm

Yeah exactly on the bolded part. I am sure once things get started and the drama starts then it will get interesting. Wisconsin is one that I don't think we will have problems with...I can see a mutual respect between us and them. I was talking to my brother and we agree that Iowa is probably going to be the one we love to hate. They have done some trash talking to Nebraska fans in the past, so I can see a rivalry brewing there. I have had a lot of respect for Coach Paterno and Penn State, but I can see the student section getting rowdy for you guys...not a big deal for me as long as you don't throw things at us :) . Things will get interesting, but it is exciting too.

Now all I need is a bowl game next year against a Big 10 team. Ooooh yeah. :thumbs

That would be epic, especially if it's a BCS game. The hype would be outrageous.

I will be rooting for Nebraska to win the Big 12 this year, and punch Texas right in the mouth.

Yeah exactly on the bolded part. I am sure once things get started and the drama starts then it will get interesting. Wisconsin is one that I don't think we will have problems with...I can see a mutual respect between us and them. I was talking to my brother and we agree that Iowa is probably going to be the one we love to hate. They have done some trash talking to Nebraska fans in the past, so I can see a rivalry brewing there. I have had a lot of respect for Coach Paterno and Penn State, but I can see the student section getting rowdy for you guys...not a big deal for me as long as you don't throw things at us :) . Things will get interesting, but it is exciting too.

There is a lot of hatred towards Ohio State due to the fact that they have been so successful recently. I assume if you go to any forum based off of another Big10 school, you'll get to see it first hand.

You will find that Iowa HogEyes talk a lot of smack even when they lose.

There is a lot of hatred towards Ohio State due to the fact that they have been so successful recently. I assume if you go to any forum based off of another Big10 school, you'll get to see it first hand.

Yeah, but everyone feels that way for successful programs.

That aside, the historical "hatred" was for both M*ch*gan and Ohio State. M*ch*gan because they're incredibly arrogant and believe to be far superior to everyone else (even if they're hicks who never went to school, much less UM), and Ohio State because of Woody Hayes' personality and how he shaped the program. If you were another program, you probably hated them both.

MSU fans and OSU fans are respectful of each other for the most part. PSU and OSU fans are at each other's throats, but I still think that in the end, PSU identifies more with OSU than UM.

People can say all such things about OSU, like we're too rowdy or redneckish or have a sociopathic fringe attachment to our fans or whatever, but we're not arrogant. OSU has always been a great down-to-business competitor and that's what I've loved about the Buckeyes. We're not Texas.

Yeah, but everyone feels that way for successful programs.

That aside, the historical "hatred" was for both M*ch*gan and Ohio State. M*ch*gan because they're incredibly arrogant and believe to be far superior to everyone else (even if they're hicks who never went to school, much less UM), and Ohio State because of Woody Hayes' personality and how he shaped the program. If you were another program, you probably hated them both.

MSU fans and OSU fans are respectful of each other for the most part. PSU and OSU fans are at each other's throats, but I still think that in the end, PSU identifies more with OSU than UM.

People can say all such things about OSU, like we're too rowdy or redneckish or have a sociopathic fringe attachment to our fans or whatever, but we're not arrogant. OSU has always been a great down-to-business competitor and that's what I've loved about the Buckeyes. We're not Texas.

Agreed. I think Penn State fans can be class acts (except for the specific fraternity that was involced in the youtube video incident a couple years back), and you can't hate a team who's head coach is a former Buckeye which is why we like MSU. All in all, for the most part there's going to be good fans from all aspects of the Big10, if you look.