Thank you, Big 10 Fans!

You guys have all been pretty classy!

Meh, wait until the honeymoon is over. :) I think we all know how it's going to go down once we're all in the thick of it. I think most of the Big Ten folks are thrilled, obviously. For a lot of reasons. Conference championship, new blood, and at the end of the day...it's Nebraska. Rather than, say...Rutgers. :facepalm: I mean, seriously...Rutgers? Nebraska is a University everybody can be pleased about joining.

I think most will agree that Indiana, Purdue, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, and Minnesota are the guys you really can't hate.

Wiscy is borderline. I personally don't have a huge problem with Iowa but for the fact that they've been a real freaking pain for the last how many years we played them.

We can be obnoxious, but you gotta love the White Out.

Yeah exactly on the bolded part. I am sure once things get started and the drama starts then it will get interesting. Wisconsin is one that I don't think we will have problems with...I can see a mutual respect between us and them. I was talking to my brother and we agree that Iowa is probably going to be the one we love to hate. They have done some trash talking to Nebraska fans in the past, so I can see a rivalry brewing there. I have had a lot of respect for Coach Paterno and Penn State, but I can see the student section getting rowdy for you guys...not a big deal for me as long as you don't throw things at us :) . Things will get interesting, but it is exciting too.

There is a lot of hatred towards Ohio State due to the fact that they have been so successful recently. I assume if you go to any forum based off of another Big10 school, you'll get to see it first hand.

Yeah, but everyone feels that way for successful programs.

That aside, the historical "hatred" was for both M*ch*gan and Ohio State. M*ch*gan because they're incredibly arrogant and believe to be far superior to everyone else (even if they're hicks who never went to school, much less UM), and Ohio State because of Woody Hayes' personality and how he shaped the program. If you were another program, you probably hated them both.

MSU fans and OSU fans are respectful of each other for the most part. PSU and OSU fans are at each other's throats, but I still think that in the end, PSU identifies more with OSU than UM.

People can say all such things about OSU, like we're too rowdy or redneckish or have a sociopathic fringe attachment to our fans or whatever, but we're not arrogant. OSU has always been a great down-to-business competitor and that's what I've loved about the Buckeyes. We're not Texas.

My opinion is that PSU and OSU are the same University only in different states...they're pretty similar.

Hi Huskers. Wanted to stop by and welcome you to your new home, The Big Ten(+2 now)! Ok, we may not be expert mathematicians over here, but we know how to make great additions! The history and lore of Nebraska! The loyalty and support that a great fan base has for their University. The class of Coach Osbourne. I've obviously been rooting for Coach Pelini as well, who is from just down the road from where I sit. How exciting. The perfect Big Ten program in my opinion and a perfect fit. I have to be honest, I don't get to see much Nebraska football in Ohio. But as a fan of college football, I always caught your thanksgiving games, and as many other national games they decided to show in my area. Nebraska has always been a program I had to see, if I could, to see how the rest of the country's top programs were performing. Unfortunately you guys will probably be in a different division than my Buckeyes, but hopefully we'll see you on the field more often than not. Maybe some epic Big Ten championship match ups are in our future. What college football fan wouldn't love to see a game like that broadcast in black and white, with that NFL films guy doing play by play!! Leather helmets. Goal posts in the middle of the end zones! The whole deal. An historic game that would represent so much of college football's past as well as college football's new future. Hopefully a healthy rivalry with Iowa will help make this change for you Husker fans much easier. I know how important tradition is in college football and it always amazed me how they blew up your Oklahoma game considering it was always such an important national match up. The Penn State angle is sooo great too. Can we get those '94 teams back together and find out who was better? Maybe kick off your entry into the Big Ten with a '94 Huskers vs. '94 Lions flag football game? Those guys would be about my age so flag football is probably the safest. Maybe redo the final play of the '05 Huskers/Wolverines bowl game? I bet there's a few UM fans that would want that. From what I've found, Huskers vs. Buckeyes hasn't happened since 1956. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, I hope we get first dibs for a national night game. Nebraska's Big Ten opener vs The Ohio State University Buckeyes, early September under the lights!! Great stuff.

Well I'm sure you're thinking, "when's this guy going to shut up?". That's ok. Just wanted to make sure you guys know that you are absolutely welcomed to our conference. I haven't seen a Big Ten fan say otherwise unless it's about 'change' in general. Change is difficult for some so I understand. I wouldn't have wanted anything less than a program the stature of Nebraska's either. So, again, Welcome! and I hope you guys feel the same.

While it's true that once the action gets going the love fest will calm a bit, you can also see that we respect each other and each team in the league for their various unique qualities, even here-- it's not like suddenly things will turn to hate. Their also are no "little brothers" in the Big Ten. Every school has its qualities. A simple example: I get along most badly with Penn State, I'd say, right now. However: I recognize that there is no other school in the nation that can turn out a color game like they can, and that they are the hardest road game in the conference. I respect them, I respect their coach, and I respect their fans. I just hope to kick their asses on a Saturday. :)