Nike vs Adidas

Today, I looked for a Nebraska sweatshirt, but nothing really wowed me or would make me drop 30-50 dollars on one. Then just for kicks i clicked on the Iowa Hawkeyes link above and they have really cool merchandise(better than ours :( ) and if you look at Universities that use Nike over Adidas have much better stuff so, when is our Adidas deal up lol.

I think Nike makes better sportswear and related merchandise, but I think overall, Adidas makes better apparel and everyday clothing.

Also,

NIKE = American

ADIDAS = German

If that makes any difference to anyone.

Yea Adidas is not that bad I just wish they made cooler sweatshirts and hats :facepalm:

I like adidas and I love the husker jerseys but I wish that we could have some cool unusual jerseys that we could use once in awhile like the nike gear that Tcu got this year.

you shouldn't have said that here.

but that is what i love about the big 10, their simple traditional uniforms (especially wisconsin's)

I like adidas and I love the husker jerseys but I wish that we could have some cool unusual jerseys that we could use once in awhile like the nike gear that Tcu got this year.

but that is what i love about the big 10, their simple traditional uniforms (especially wisconsin's)

Remember that TCU helmet that helmet was so cool

What did that I say that is wrong? I love our tradtional uniforms I just think it would be cool if we could do something different just like once per year

What did that I say that is wrong? I love our tradtional uniforms I just think it would be cool if we could do something different just like once per year

i was just joking, but this has been discussed, and there are a lot of die hard traditionalists when it comes to the uniforms.

Remember that TCU helmet that helmet was so cool

my belief is that schools with traditional uniforms should stick to them, because they claimed them first. oregon and tcu do not have traditional uniforms because they had to come up with something new to be unique (all of the simple, traditional uniforms were taken) so since they have the levity, they should take advantage of it be changing their uniforms, but since NU is fortunate to have their traditional uniforms, they don't need to mess around with novelty uniforms. they found something that works and has worked for quite some time. traditional schools have traditional uniforms, the johnny-come-lately's have to mix it up to be relevant/unique because they missed the boat with the simple traditional uniforms, but that is an advantage we don't have because we have an established uniform that represents our rich tradition of winning.

Ohio State has one of the oldest unchanged uniforms in football. They did a "throw back" one last year that worked out very nicely. I'm for alternate uniforms so long as that they are done tastefully and used sparingly.

Im all for alternates or throwbacks, but just for special occasion or once a year. The uniforms for the 300th were something special, simple and old school looking. For once I wanna see us use the RED helmet for a special /homecoming type game.

on the adidas/nike thing.... Seems like everybody uses nike, so i like what we have with adidas. Werent we one of the first schools to go exclusively with adidas??? If true, I dont see nike coming in anytime soon and slapping the swish on everything.

Adidas. But my bias comes from decades of wearing the Sambas...most comfortable shoe I've ever owned and durable as all get out.

+10

I've only ever owned one pair and it is still the gold standard of classic casual shoe. I have been wanting to get a pair in white for some time now for this summer.