Is Mizzou gonna get SCREWWED in all this?

jayhawk

No.

Why?

1) They are the ONLY major school in the 18th biggest state by population in the US. 6 Million people is a lot of folks, even if they are mostly hillbillies.

2) They are a decent school. They are in the AAU, their Journalism school is rightly famous and they are otherwise competent in educating that inbred state of theirs.

3) They have some real support in their state... They are not Rutgers. Their fans are not great, but they are good, and they mostly show up. Their stadiums holds over 71,000 and they do fill it up at times. They even come when the team is not great, which is fairly often...

4) They are not a threat, but hold their own. They are not really THAT good. They won the North a few times while it was down, and their Basketball team has had some years. The good thing for them is that they are often competent and sometimes good. Mediocre, but reliably so.

In summary, brings eyeballs, enough academic respectability and unlikely to ever take your championship from your existing membership. Hard to turn that down.

That is all...

I think we'll know more on Tuesday-- which is when Texas and the rest of their South Division shadows have their regents meetings. I think the Big Ten may be looking to see if the PAC-10 really adds a total of 6 schools. If they do, I think the Big Ten will expand to 14 or 16 teams-- which I think would bring Missouri in.

I am actually hoping that the rest of the Big 12 sticks together and adds 2 schools.

I think we'll know more on Tuesday-- which is when Texas and the rest of their South Division shadows have their regents meetings. I think the Big Ten may be looking to see if the PAC-10 really adds a total of 6 schools. If they do, I think the Big Ten will expand to 14 or 16 teams-- which I think would bring Missouri in.

I am actually hoping that the rest of the Big 12 sticks together and adds 2 schools.

I'd kind of like to see that too but it would actually hurt us if that happened because we would have to pay the penalty for leaving the conference.

I'd kind of like to see that too but it would actually hurt us if that happened because we would have to pay the penalty for leaving the conference.

Throw in 2 lawyers, and in 3-6 years it will take to get to court, who knows what state the Big 12 - 2 will be in