Could the NU/OU rivalry be restored?

Once we started the Big 12 the rivalry between NU/OU was killed b/c the game was not played on an annual basis. And if the 16 team Super Conferences were created an annual game with Oklahoma would not be relevant b/c it wouldn't have mattered who won or lost that game due to college football most likely going to a playoff in that scenario. With the Big 12 Conference sticking around, it means the BCS is still alive and an annual game with OU could have a lot of weight in the polls.

A few successful non-conference rivalries:

USC/ND

Florida/FSU

Georgia/Ga Tech

If an annual game between NU/OU was started up again it would definitely be on par with the other National Rivalries. The question is will Oklahoma go for it? I know Nebraska wants it!

Once we started the Big 12 the rivalry between NU/OU was killed b/c the game was not played on an annual basis. And if the 16 team Super Conferences were created an annual game with Oklahoma would not be relevant b/c it wouldn't have mattered who won or lost that game due to college football most likely going to a playoff in that scenario. With the Big 12 Conference sticking around, it means the BCS is still alive and an annual game with OU could have a lot of weight in the polls.

A few successful non-conference rivalries:

USC/ND

Florida/FSU

Georgia/Ga Tech

If an annual game between NU/OU was started up again it would definitely be on par with the other National Rivalries. The question is will Oklahoma go for it? I know Nebraska wants it!

will Oklahoma go for it?

No - their main rival is UTerus. Even during the Big 8 years. Stoops has said that he prefers not to play both teams. Yet they might need to upgrade their OOC with the weakened Big 12-2

Oklahoma has stated more than once that they don't want to play Nebraska and Texas every year.

I know they have stated that, but that was when we were in the same conference and that could determine if they went to the Big 12 conference game or not. Example say they beat Texas and that was Texas' only loss, but Oklahoma lost to Nebraska and Oklahoma State, Texas would go, but if that happened with Nebraska being in the Big 10 Oklahoma would end up going.

Oklahoma has stated more than once that they don't want to play Nebraska and Texas every year.

I know they have stated that, but that was when we were in the same conference and that could determine if they went to the Big 12 conference game or not. Example say they beat Texas and that was Texas' only loss, but Oklahoma lost to Nebraska and Oklahoma State, Texas would go, but if that happened with Nebraska being in the Big 10 Oklahoma would end up going.

It still doesn't matter. Why would OU play two games like that? If they happen to beat UT, then there's little to stop them from winning the Big 12 Championship due to the weak sister North Division. OU has basically one tough game they have to win to get a possible shot at a National Championship Game berth with a good W/L record. Now tell me again why they want to add NU to their schedule?

It still doesn't matter. Why would OU play two games like that? If they happen to beat UT, then there's little to stop them from winning the Big 12 Championship due to the weak sister North Division. OU has basically one tough game they have to win to get a possible shot at a National Championship Game berth with a good W/L record. Now tell me again why they want to add NU to their schedule?

With the Big 12 being as it is now they are going to need a stronger non conference schedule. If they beat Texas and the rest of the Big 12 it won't be automatic to a BCS Championship Game they will fall behind SEC, Big 10 and Pac 10, or ACC.

And come on you guys can't tell me that you don't get a little more excited when NU plays Oklahoma. They were our greatest rival, the Big 12 ruined that but now it has a chance to be back with the ability to schedule an annual game. And everything that has happened with expansion and all the Big 12 crap the animosity has only gotten stronger between the 2 universities. Plus the Stoops/Pelini connection. It has the potential to be a classic once again. It would be great for College Footaball.

I am already hearing talk that the Texas schools are ratecheting up their SOS so that they can still compete for a title, I assume your being out and lack of a title game are causing that. I think now that you are in the Big 10 and this is a benchmark game with that conference, it would be smart for them to add you. I just thought of something, now I don't ever have to root against you (we will likely take 3 cupcakes, cause I know us). I am fired up about being able to be a more deidcated Husker fan. Of Course, I have long family ties to Penn State, so I am a little conflicted, but far less so....