Will Mizzou ever silence the Governor

C N Red

To me, this sounds like all is not so happy happy in Big 12 land....

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe said that the conference has not reached a new TV deal but indicated that preliminary negotiations with both Fox Sports Network and ESPN could mean sizable increases for all Big 12 schools.

Beebe also said that Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Baylor and Iowa State agreed to abandon their stake in any buyout penalties paid by the two departing schools as incentive to keep Texas and four other Big 12 South schools from bolting for the Pac-10.

Both Alden and Deaton disputed that account, saying Missouri has not agreed to give up its share of the buyout penalties.

this is a little weird sarge. All we have seen about the possible new deals would be 3 tiered. But both MU and TX held press conferences today and both admins stated they knew nothing about that and that everything would be done as it was before. 1/2 the tv money split even, the other 1/2 by tv appearences. no guarentees. They both also disputed the split of penalty dollars. Even TX said they would oppose not splitting it even.

Something smells fishy. all reports are saying one thing. The schools another. and the conference another.

this is a little weird sarge. All we have seen about the possible new deals would be 3 tiered. But both MU and TX held press conferences today and both admins stated they knew nothing about that and that everything would be done as it was before. 1/2 the tv money split even, the other 1/2 by tv appearences. no guarentees. They both also disputed the split of penalty dollars. Even TX said they would oppose not splitting it even.

Something smells fishy. all reports are saying one thing. The schools another. and the conference another.

That's what I'm seeing. Someone is pi$$ing down someone else's back and being told it's raining.

For what it is worth, I believe it is a matter of time before Missouri is in the Big Ten. That is if the conference does decide to expand down the road. Additionally, I still have goose bumps over you guys coming into the Conference. I cannot wait to see you guys in the Shoe.

:woo

One thing Missouri and Nebraska have in common is that neither of us have to bring "baggage" with us. No buy one get 5 free kind of stuff with either. Heck, we don't even have a buy one get ONE free for that matter.