Big Ten Football attendance

I realized earlier that I am so much closer to almost every Big Ten stadium, just by living in PA and I got giddy at the possibility of being able to fairly easily go to most road games.

So, I decided to check on attendance in the Big Ten, to see how full the stadiums get with respect to their actual capacity and how easy it might be to get tickets to each.

I was really shocked to see in terms of overall attendance last year, Michigan was tops, averaging almost 109K per game! :hellloooo

Penn State was #2, and tOSU was #3. Come on, PSU/tOSU, you can do better! (Nebraska was #10)

God, I can't wait - is it 2011 yet?!

Another thread, last summer? - talked about stadia, % attendance and population within 50 miles/attendance. All interesting stats

Oh, yeah. Consecutive sell outs

To be fair, Ohio State plays 2 games before the students even arrive on campus. That affects our sales.

Another thread, last summer? - talked about stadia, % attendance and population within 50 miles/attendance. All interesting stats

To be fair, Ohio State plays 2 games before the students even arrive on campus. That affects our sales.

3 games... I cannot wait until the semester system comes in a couple years.

3 games... I cannot wait until the semester system comes in a couple years.

Well to be fair....You could schedule a game at 4:00 AM on Christmas morning and I guarantee you Husker fans still pack the house.

• Fire 3

It absolutely does NOT affect sales. Alumni have to enter a lottery just to get our two seats to one game each year. There are no public sale tickets offered by the OSU athletic dept (just secondary market sites like stubhub, etc). Demand far, far exceeds supply.

...unfortunately for me.

It absolutely does NOT affect sales. Alumni have to enter a lottery just to get our two seats to one game each year. There are no public sale tickets offered by the OSU athletic dept (just secondary market sites like stubhub, etc). Demand far, far exceeds supply.

...unfortunately for me.

I think the whole deal means that Memorial expands sooner than later, I can't wait for Lincoln to add another 30K and I could see it actually being feasible. We will put the SEC attendance records to bed. Well, maybe not but it will be close. The conference in second place to the SEC for attendance is the Big Ten and that is with one less team. Let's go huskers we have many records to break now that you guys are in it.

• Fire 1

...unfortunately for me.

You could have bought tickets from hangonsloopy.com for Toledo that week. This year, you should be able to do the same thing for both Marshal and Ohio

...unfortunately for me.

You could have bought tickets from hangonsloopy.com for Toledo that week. This year, you should be able to do the same thing for both Marshal and Ohio

Those are the tickets that are returned from the visiting team's allotment--not those allocated for sale by OSU.