rivals nebraska top 10 rankings.....

There is no way that Sterup should be ranked ahead of Reeves. There are just too many questions surrounding Sterup. Reeves is one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the country. He is a road grader who we offered immediately and who received interest from USC.

I also think that Fisher should be ranked ahead of Lampkin. The only thing keeping him from taking off as a recruit is his knee.

Just my amateur opinion, not really based on much factual evidence at all.

With three players in the top 10, Crete has no excuses not to win Class B this year.

And what is up with Nebraska class A football? No players in the top 3 and only 5 out of the top 10.

• Fire 1

There is no way that Sterup should be ranked ahead of Reeves. There are just too many questions surrounding Sterup. Reeves is one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the country. He is a road grader who we offered immediately and who received interest from USC.

I also think that Fisher should be ranked ahead of Lampkin. The only thing keeping him from taking off as a recruit is his knee.

With three players in the top 10, Crete has no excuses not to win Class B this year.

And what is up with Nebraska class A football? No players in the top 3 and only 5 out of the top 10.

i had a similar thinking with the whole reeves and sterup thing...

i agree on your view of the rankings

:yeah

Sterup is blowing up right now. I'm pretty shocked they rated him ahead of Reeves.

i didn't realize how many offers sterup had. iowa, notre dame, stanford, ucla. i guess i can understand the ranking, but i still think reeves is better. i think sterup vs. reeves is a classic example of how committing to the home school later in the game gets you a higher ranking by drawing out the interest from other schools.

:yeah

Sterup is blowing up right now. I'm pretty shocked they rated him ahead of Reeves.

i didn't realize how many offers sterup had. iowa, notre dame, stanford, ucla. i guess i can understand the ranking, but i still think reeves is better. i think sterup vs. reeves is a classic example of how committing to the home school later in the game gets you a higher ranking by drawing out the interest from other schools.

It's probably a size issue. Reeves is a little short, and Sterup is the ideal size for an O-Linemen.

size makes a difference going to d1, you have to have a built, push people around...another big factor is speed. i have seen some really good quarterbacks in high school that could throw extremely well, but were just too slow for d1..as they say, speed kills...nebraska going to redshirt a qb or 2, with the glut they have........sterup is tall at 6.8,,,but that does not mean he cannot play...there are a few guys in the pros that are 6.7 , saw one 6.8.....not that many though, most guys are 6.5 or 6.4

Reeves is not at all short for an interior lineman, unless he's more of a 5'9 than his listed 6'3. Leverage is important, especially on the inside. I'm really surprised that he's below Sterup as well.

Does Sterup really have all those offers? Wow. Last I remember, in following his recruitment, he was a marginal kid who happened to be in-state that was at great risk of growing out of playing football. At tackle, having wingspan is important (right?), but there's a certain point too where you just grow out of the position. Big difference between a 6'4,6'5 guy and a 6'8 guy - and I think the former is more of a proto OT size.

The brief Rivals account makes it seem like they are just enamored with his measurables. I don't know. We all say 'don't look at stars', and drooling over a Ht/Wt combo seems even more shallow of an analysis than that. Then again, that's a heckuvan offer list. Not so much Kansas, KSU, Louisville, Memphis, and Ohio, but the other half of that list.

I suspect Reeves is getting the Tyler Moore treatment in the rankings - knocked down in a grotesquely unfair fashion because he committed so strong early. Too little drama about them, why not give the stars and attention to players that will have subscribers from different schools waiting to lap up info about them. You only get a certain number of 4 stars or 5 stars, after all.

Wow, just thinking about it - Rivals/Scout sucks, huh?

Reeves is a little short, and Sterup is the ideal size for an O-Linemen.

i disagree on both counts. 6'3 is about right for a center and 6'9 isn't "ideal" for an OT. not saying you can't be that tall and play, but the prototype OT (if there is such a thing) is more like 6'6 or 6'7.

i disagree on both counts. 6'3 is about right for a center and 6'9 isn't "ideal" for an OT. not saying you can't be that tall and play, but the prototype OT (if there is such a thing) is more like 6'6 or 6'7.

ST is a short 6'8.. Reeves is a short 6'3.

Don't you guys remember NFL left tackle and 11 time pro-bowler Jonathan Ogden? He was 6'9" and 315 lbs. I believe this height can be perfect for a left tackle on account of the long arms. :thumbs

Don't you guys remember NFL left tackle and 11 time pro-bowler Jonathan Ogden? He was 6'9" and 315 lbs. I believe this height can be perfect for a left tackle on account of the long arms. :thumbs

...and drew brees proves the perfect height for quarterbacks is 6 feet :LOLtartar

in all seriousness, long arms are nice, as long as you are able to put on enough good weight and can still get low when run blocking. i'm certainly not saying we shouldn't take this kid, or that he won't be good, just that the vast majority of good OT's are 6'4 to 6'7.

...and drew brees proves the perfect height for quarterbacks is 6 feet :LOLtartar

in all seriousness, long arms are nice, as long as you are able to put on enough good weight and can still get low when run blocking. i'm certainly not saying we shouldn't take this kid, or that he won't be good, just that the vast majority of good OT's are 6'4 to 6'7.

6ft is sort of on the small side if you ask me...look at the pros,,,,,most are taller.....sterup at 6ft 8 is tall...i checked out the big 10 rosters, 4 men that tall..ohio state has 2....so there are a some that tall, but very few...extreme.

6ft is sort of on the small side if you ask me...look at the pros,,,,,most are taller.....sterup at 6ft 8 is tall...i checked out the big 10 rosters, 4 men that tall..ohio state has 2....so there are a some that tall, but very few...extreme.

He was being sarcastic about Bress.