Count Turner as one Texan who is thrilled about the change.

Count Turner as one Texan who is thrilled about the change.

“That’s exciting,” he said. “Oh my (gosh), play Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, I’m happy about that move. That’s a smart move. Again, the university gets more money. Big 12, what, gives you 12 million a year? The Big Ten gives you 24 million a year? It’s big for the university. I’m happy about it.”

Article from Husker Extra.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/06/23/football/doc4c216b0250d8b061259933.txt?orss=1

This is will help NU going forward. Jamal is a very impressive young man. I can't wait to see his highlights from his upcoming senior season.

Sorry, mis-spelled Jamal's name and double posted. I need to get some sleep.

Hopefully other guys in texas feel the same way...maybe then out texas recruiting wont take as big of a hit as we may have thought

While we're all hoping that our Texas recruiting won't take a big hit, I think we have to look at a school that made a similar move years ago. Arkansas has somewhere around 15% of the Texas recruits now as they had when they were in the SWC.

Hopefully other guys in texas feel the same way...maybe then out texas recruiting wont take as big of a hit as we may have thought

While we're all hoping that our Texas recruiting won't take a big hit, I think we have to look at a school that made a similar move years ago. Arkansas has somewhere around 15% of the Texas recruits now as they had when they were in the SWC.

So you're saying since they have 20 players from Texas now they used to have 133 from Texas on their roster before?