Comparing offers of current recruits

Because Missouri is the only school in the North that is even comparable to Nebraska in terms of recruiting I've limited this to NU and MU for the moment. I suppose the MU fans who were saying "Bo Pelini may be able to coach . . . but he can't recruit" and "MU has passed NU" might be singing a different tune these days. (Of course, it's a long time until signing day and there is no guarantee that any given recruit will pan out but it's fun banter to fill the off season.)

Here are the offers that have been received by current Nebraska recruits and Missouri recruits.

Nebraska recruits (12 recruits) (57 offers) (4.75 offers per recruit)

Alabama

Arizona 3

Arkansas

Baylor 2

Boise State

Boston College 2

Bowling Green

Cal

Clemson

Central Michigan

Cincinnati

Duke

Florida

Florida International

Florida State

Georgia

Illinois 2

Indiana 2

Iowa

Iowa State 2

Kansas 6

KSU 3

Louisville 2

Memphis 2

Miami (Fl)

Michigan 2

Michigan State

Minnesota 3

Missouri

New Mexico

New Mexico State 2

Notre Dame 3

North Dakota State

Ohio 2

Ohio State

Oklahoma 2

Purdue 3

South Florida

Stanford 4

Tennessee

Texas A&M 2

Texas Tech 3

Toledo

Tulsa

Utah

UCLA 2

Vanderbilt

Virginia

Wake Forest

Washington State

Western Michigan

West Virginia

Wisconsin 2

Wyoming

Missouri recruits (10 total recruits) (27 offers) (2.7 offers per recruit)

Air Force

Arizona

Arkansas

Boise State

Cal

CSU

Houston

Illinois

Iowa

Kansas 3

Kansas State

Kentucky 2

Louisville

Miami (Fl)

New Mexico

Stanford

TCU

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Tulsa

UCLA

Virginia

Washington State

Wisconsin

The 2011 class will be our first in the Big 10. Shouldn't you be comparing this to the Big 10 schools?

I should be but I haven't switched into Big 10 mode yet. Quite honestly . . . I haven't hardly thought about the switch. I've been so Big 12 focused for so long that it's not going to be an easy transition.

Also . . . I don't know who would be our recruiting competition in the Big 10. It probably is at least partially dependent on how the divisions are broken down. I'd guess Iowa might be a good comparison but I really don't know what to think. I assume OSU and PSU are probably like the OU and UT of the conference in that NU probably will usually be beneath them in class rankings.

In short, I wouldn't know where to begin with that comparison.

Edit: Actually, I just glanced at the current commit lists in the Big 10. OSU is the clear leader. Nebraska is second by a wide, wide, margin. And then there is everyone else. PSU only has 1 commit. Michigan only has a handful. Like I said, this will take some getting used to.

The 2011 class will be our first in the Big 10. Shouldn't you be comparing this to the Big 10 schools?

I should be but I haven't switched into Big 10 mode yet. Quite honestly . . . I haven't hardly thought about the switch. I've been so Big 12 focused for so long that it's not going to be an easy transition.

Also . . . I don't know who would be our recruiting competition in the Big 10. It probably is at least partially dependent on how the divisions are broken down. I'd guess Iowa might be a good comparison but I really don't know what to think. I assume OSU and PSU are probably like the OU and UT of the conference in that NU probably will usually be beneath them in class rankings.

In short, I wouldn't know where to begin with that comparison.

I agree about not knowing where to begin. I have read that they will announce divisions in August. I've looked at Big 10 recruiting quite a bit honestly, and while OSU is at OU and UT's level, none of the other schools are. PSU and Michigan are about at A&M's level, probably a little stronger.

while OSU is at OU and UT's level, none of the other schools are. PSU and Michigan are about at A&M's level, probably a little stronger.

Considering A&M had a #17 class last year that's a pretty good level to be at. Penn State, Ohio State, and Michigan have recruited very well, but it's not head and shoulders ahead of Nebraska like OU/Texas have been. Each has a top 10 class or two scattered amongst some lower classes. If this year is any indication, from a recruiting standpoint NU should have no problem keeping up with the Jones'. That hasn't been the case in the Big12 recently...there's Texas/OU and then everyone else.

PSU/OSU/MU/NU

2005 (25/12/6/5) - Iowa #11

2006 (6/12/13/20)

2007 (24/15/12/13) - Illinois @20

2008 (43/4/10/30) - Minnesota @ 17, Illinois @ 23

2009 (24/3/8/28) - Michigan St @ 17

2010 (12/25/20/22)

PSU Avg: 22.33

OSU Avg: 11.83

MU Avg: 11.5

NU Avg: 19.66

OSU/MU had the benefit of winning during this period...PSU to an extent as well. Nebraska on the other hand was in the middle of one of the worst periods in our program's history. I think we can all be confident that we'll be going into the Big10 at the same level as the big dogs when it comes to talent and recruiting. As for coaching, I'd say an argument could be made for Jim Tressel to top the conference, but it's an argument with a lot of holes. Bo will quickly solidify himself in the Big10. I'm excited about it from every aspect and ready to transition.

How about we compare it to Iowa's current commit list. All three of them. The only school comparable to us as far as commit lists in the Big Ten is Ohio State.

Iowa actually has 5 commits. Until we get to a point where most schools have double digit commits, it is going to be hard to compare. The only Big 10 schools that have 10 or more commits are Nebraska, Ohio State, and Indiana.

How about we compare it to Iowa's current commit list. All three of them. The only school comparable to us as far as commit lists in the Big Ten is Ohio State.

Iowa actually has 5 commits. Until we get to a point where most schools have double digit commits, it is going to be hard to compare. The only Big 10 schools that have 10 or more commits are Nebraska, Ohio State, and Indiana.

They must have picked up a few recently.

They picked up an instate 3* TE with an Iowa State offer and an unrated Texas WR with offers from Arkansas and Arizona. That makes two TX WR's for Iowa this year.

They picked up an instate 3* TE with an Iowa State offer and an unrated Texas WR with offers from Arkansas and Arizona. That makes two TX WR's for Iowa this year.

The only recruit committed to Iowa worth much is Austen Blythe a 4 :star guard with offers from stanford, kansas, kansas state, wisconsin, and iowa state. Other than that kid their class is lacking so far. But Ferentz always does alot with the minimal talent he brings in.

The only recruit committed to Iowa worth much is Austen Blythe a 4 :star guard with offers from stanford, kansas, kansas state, wisconsin, and iowa state. Other than that kid their class is lacking so far. But Ferentz always does alot with the minimal talent he brings in.

So are you saying that Dylan Admire, Daniel Davie, and Aaryn Bouzos are not worth much (your words)? They are all 5.6 three star or lower players with minimal offer lists. Would you consider them to have minimal talent?

So are you saying that Dylan Admire, Daniel Davie, and Aaryn Bouzos are not worth much (your words)? They are all 5.6 three star or lower players with minimal offer lists. Would you consider them to have minimal talent?

No I didnt mean it that way, I was just making a point that they dont have as many highly rated recruits as we do, but like I said Ferentz does alot with the talent he brings in. I wouldnt trade Admire, Bouzos, Davie. I wasnt trying to start an arguement, sorry. :thumbs

No I didnt mean it that way, I was just making a point that they dont have as many highly rated recruits as we do, but like I said Ferentz does alot with the talent he brings in. I wouldnt trade Admire, Bouzos, Davie. I wasnt trying to start an arguement, sorry. :thumbs

I wasn't trying to start an argument either. I was just curious about your statement. :cheers