2011 Big 10 Toughest Places to play

I think Penn St. should be 1, NU 2, OSU 3... but thats just off seeing games on TV, you never know until your there.

The Ohio State, USC game is the only game I have ever heard that the announcers had to yell just to be audible during the game.

I think people mistake loyalty for ferocity. They're definitely very different things, and aside from a few moments when the refs piss us off every game, or a once in a blue moon big revenge game (99 KSU or 10 Texas), I don't think Memorial is really that tough to play at.

I think a lot of people will say that OSU and PSU are nearly interchangeable, but I think OSU has better architecture to be more ferocious - it is a very steep and curving horseshoe, and although Beaver stadium is vertical, it is pretty open, especially on the corners. I think PSU's advantage is the layout of their student section is far superior to where OSU puts their students, so it is easier for the students at PSU to be more intimidating and have an impact.

I think OSU should expand the stadium too. I don't know how, but another 10k seats would be nice. If M*ch*gan is getting even bigger, we need to catch up. We need something to ease the ticket situation. It is totally absurd as it is now.

I think Penn St. should be 1, NU 2, OSU 3... but thats just off seeing games on TV, you never know until your there.

wait till you go to columbus and have AAA batteries thrown at you......then u will make them #1

edit: if your curious on what your trip to columbus will look like watch this

I think people mistake loyalty for ferocity. They're definitely very different things, and aside from a few moments when the refs piss us off every game, or a once in a blue moon big revenge game (99 KSU or 10 Texas), I don't think Memorial is really that tough to play at.

NU All-Time record at Memorial:

362-110-13

Since the sellout streak began:

263-41 — which includes a 40-24 record against ranked teams.

I'd say that is a pretty hard place to come and win a football game.

362-110-13

And how many of those games were we supposed to win? Probably almost all of them. The reason we had that 47 game winning streak had a lot more to do with the fact that we were always a top 5 team than the fact that the game was in Lincoln. Yeah, playing at home helps, but being the better football team helps more.

• Fire 1

362-110-13

And how many of those games were we supposed to win? Probably almost all of them. The reason we had that 47 game winning streak had a lot more to do with the fact that we were always a top 5 team than the fact that the game was in Lincoln. Yeah, playing at home helps, but being the better football team helps more.

Ok...but wouldn't the talent level of the home team directly influence the difficulty of winning at their stadium? I think you just helped make my point for me.