David Ubben: No. 1 on the Big 12's top 25 list: Garrett Gilbert.

WTF. He appeared in one game (going 15 of 40 for 186yds, 2 TDs and 4 INTs, 37.5% completion) playing like he has great potential .....not sure that qualifies him as the best overall player in the entire conference. :facepalm:

The amount I'll miss this conference get's smaller by the day.

Link

Skers on the list:

#9 - Crick

#13 - Amukamara

#16 - Helu

Notables not on the list:

Jerrod Johnson - a&m

Uzoma Nwachukwu - a&m

Niles Paul

WTF. He appeared in one game (going 15 of 40 for 186yds, 2 TDs and 4 INTs, 37.5% completion) playing like he has great potential .....not sure that qualifies him as the best overall player in the entire conference. :facepalm:

The amount I'll miss this conference get's smaller by the day.

Link

Skers on the list:

#9 - Crick

#13 - Amukamara

#16 - Helu

Notables not on the list (not a single WR made the list):

Ryan Broyles - OU (are you kidding me Ubben?)

Jerrod Johnson - a&m

Uzoma Nwachukwu - a&m

Jeff Fuller - a&m

Niles Paul

Both Broyles and Fuller are on the list. Niles Paul, if you ask me, is a bit overrated because he lets his ego get in the way. Jerrod should definitely be on the list, but I don't know a whole lot about Nwachukwu.

I see Gilbert having a 2009 Landry Jones-like year. Flashes of greatness mixed in with typical rookie mistakes. He'll look like a stud against low-to-mid tier opponents but will struggle against elite defenses like OU and NU.

Yep no way Garret will be number 1 on his list. As he said when he first started the top 25: "Don't confuse this for the top 25 NFL prospects in the league, because it's not. Rather, it's based on what the players have done in college football to this point, their potential for the 2010 season and the impact they have on their teams."

Guys, he was joking. It's going to be Jerrod Johnson.

This was my first thought and it better be what he's doing.....

Thanks to the other people for clearing the Broyles and Fuller part...I was rushing while putting it together.

Oh I thought he was referring to you when he said you were joking. Where does Ubben mention Gilbert? I must have missed it.

He has a good sense of humor, too. Mailbag said this-

Larry in Salina, Kansas asks: Does Texas pay you weekly or monthly for your services?

DU: Bi-weekly, with per-post bonuses.

I do kind of like Ubben's sense of humor. If he can get 11 teams' fanbases in a frenzy over a joke, I think that's hilarious. Then again anyone stupid enough to fall for that probably doesn't think it's that funny :LOLtartar

He has a good sense of humor, too. Mailbag said this-

Larry in Salina, Kansas asks: Does Texas pay you weekly or monthly for your services?

DU: Bi-weekly, with per-post bonuses.

Earlier in the week when he posted the lunch links he didn't get why people thought Tuberville saying the Big 12 wasn't going to be around long was so controversial so he posted something like "other controversial statements by Tommy Tuberville: 'spilling oil into the Gulf of Mexico is bad'; 'World Cup officials have missed a few calls'; and 'America's national debt is $10 Trillion and that's too much'" It was pretty funny.