Roy Helu Jr

Ok so the season is sneaking up on us, and I was looking at some stuff and I noticed something interesting. Follow me here...

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

Which currently ranks him 22nd in Nebraska's record books for career rushing. Now lets say Roy rushes for 1,000 yards in 2010, that will give him 3,159 yards. Which would rank him 4th in career rushing yards behind Mike Rozier, Ahman Green, and Eric Crouch.

Granted we will have to see whether or not he can obtain that 1,000 yards this year, but that is some impressive company. I know a lot of people fell in love with Rex, but I still think Roy is our best option at RB this year and I hope he gets enough touches and stays healthy to put up at least 1,000 yards.

• Fire 1

Ok so the season is sneaking up on us, and I was looking at some stuff and I noticed something interesting. Follow me here...

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

Which currently ranks him 22nd in Nebraska's record books for career rushing. Now lets say Roy rushes for 1,000 yards in 2010, that will give him 3,159 yards. Which would rank him 4th in career rushing yards behind Mike Rozier, Ahman Green, and Eric Crouch.

Granted we will have to see whether or not he can obtain that 1,000 yards this year, but that is some impressive company. I know a lot of people fell in love with Rex, but I still think Roy is our best option at RB this year and I hope he gets enough touches and stays healthy to put up at least 1,000 yards.

Call me crazy but I think we will be afforded the luxury of having two 1000-yard rushers this year in Helu and Rex. We have a unique opportunity for a great name for our two-headed rushing attack... Helusaurus Rex.

We'll have three 1000 yard rushers if Martinez starts at QB.

Oh man how I want Martinez starting at QB. I could easily deal with four years of that dude.

• Fire 2

If Roy stays healthy and we run more pro style run heavy offense (like i want :thumbs ) He could easily go for 1200. Even if we don't run the ball as much as we'd like, the O line play should allow him to run for at least 1000 yards, even with Rex getting significant carries.

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

That's doubly impressive when you compare Roy's Olines to the Olines of the other guys...I think if you put Roy behind a vintage Husker line, you have a heisman favorite, if not a shoo-in

Ya I really don't see him having much trouble getting to 1,000. I guess my point by posting this was I always have liked Roy and thought he was a great back, but I never realized how good of a career he is actually having.

Just think if he was healthy all last year! After he hurt his shoulder late in the Mizzou game he was limited in the Texas Tech game but still did alright, then against Iowa St. he clearly wasn't himself, and down in Waco he had only a few carries.

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

That's doubly impressive when you compare Roy's Olines to the Olines of the other guys...I think if you put Roy behind a vintage Husker line, you have a heisman favorite, if not a shoo-in

One could argue that Roy does have one more game a year than some of those guys, but Roy has never been healthy through all of the games to even take advantage of that.

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

Call me crazy but I think we will be afforded the luxury of having two 1000-yard rushers this year in Helu and Rex. We have a unique opportunity for a great name for our two-headed rushing attack... Helusaurus Rex.

We'll have three 1000 yard rushers if Martinez starts at QB.

Oh man how I want Martinez starting at QB. I could easily deal with four years of that dude.

i am officially stealing Heluasaurus Rex for the rest of the season

Great post.

Thanks for those stats. I agree HuskerGuy. Even with all of the what ifs in his career, the numbers don't lie. It's pretty clear that he has set himself up to be one of the all-time greats.

Peterson, Nunn, and Swift have all earned a top five receiving spot in the last couple of years. No doubt, impressive. But, if Roy can achieve that on the ground, he'll go down in Husker lore.

This season will determine his legacy. No pressure though :)

Roy Helu Statistics:

2007- 209 yards

2008- 803 yards

2009- 1147 yards

Total- 2,159 yards

Good point. We may not appreciate what we have.