Bo. The $40 million dollar man

How much has Bo been worth to NU? At the end of 2007 Forbes estimated the Husker football team to be worth $49 million (which works out to be about $53 million in 2009 dollars). At the end of 2009 Forbes estimate for NU was $93 million. You do the math.

Forbes valuation estimates for NU football:

2009 NU football team valuation (rank: 4th)

Value: $93 million

Profit: $49 million

2007 NU football team valuation (rank: 18th)

Value: $49 million ($52.5 mil in 2009 dollars)

Profit: $12.4 million

Would that be all Bo's, or do you think at least a decent chunk can be attributed to TO?

A lot has to do with Dr. Tom. When the guard took over in 07 the whole (sports) world took notice.

If I acknowledged everyone responsible for our turnaround the thread title would be too long. So I just gave all the credit to Bo.

How would you divide the $40 million between Bo and TO? Any credit to others--like maybe Carl?

Good analysis. This is how you would look at the increased value in a corporation. Some questions;

1. did prices go up?

2. we had the same amount of home games, correct?

3. was the distribution from the big 12 larger?

4. Also bowl game vs. no bowl game in 2007 makes a difference? (I know the total is shared amongst all schools)

5. Increased PPV viewership

I think it as to start at the Top. Tom O. brought in Bo. So he made the decision to bring in the "CEO" of football. I think Tom would get the largest percentage of the pie. But, just like football, it's a TEAM effort. Go Big Red!!!!

Good analysis. This is how you would look at the increased value in a corporation. Some questions;

1. did prices go up?

2. we had the same amount of home games, correct?

3. was the distribution from the big 12 larger?

4. Also bowl game vs. no bowl game in 2007 makes a difference? (I know the total is shared amongst all schools)

5. Increased PPV viewership

I think it as to start at the Top. Tom O. brought in Bo. So he made the decision to bring in the "CEO" of football. I think Tom would get the largest percentage of the pie. But, just like football, it's a TEAM effort. Go Big Red!!!!

Getting rid of these three should figure in somewhere. Sometimes a minus is a plus. chuckleshuffle

1 Pederson

2 Callahan

3 Cozgrove