Husker-Horns early kickoff???

By that same argument anything requiring skill would then be a sport, as long as it was done with money on the line and/or a large audience watching. This would include any one of the umpteen cake-baking shows on TV these days. Tiger Woods couldn't bake any of those cakes. Making one requires tons of skill, and the process is physically demanding. But just because it involves strength, skill and a level of talent under pressure that the normal Joe doesn't have, that doesn't make it a sport.

Curling is considered a sport, an Olympic one in fact...and it looks easier than baking. I've no clue where baking stands on the list of toughest household jobs, but if I'm making the list it's well ahead of sweeping. How 'bout horse racing? It's the sport of kings right? And the twenty-four and a half pound guys on top of those half-ton horses are the very definition of 'along for the ride'. Still, it's considered a sport.

NASCAR is a sport. It's not a game, but it is a sport. Football of course is a sport, but it's a game...best one on the planet if you ask me. Not all games are sports, but by the same token not all sports are games.

And congrats to Foppa for not being a bigot! Intolerant, insulting and ignorant generalizations of a group of people is universally considered not predjudiced if you are fairly certain the people you are talking about have the same skin color as you! Well Done!

Dating could be described as a game and a sport. But thankfully, MTV and all the networks clog television with that reality crap, not ESPN. I'm not sure where you're getting the 'skin color' dynamics, and as I decided against posting all sorts of individuals standing in the food stamp aisle wearing Jeff Gordon gear, I figured it was best not feeding into that. I really could care less about the 'Left Turn Lobotomy', but when it has the potential to interfere with Nebraska football, especially one of the biggest games of the year, I get PISSED. I'm glad I don't know what you look like so I can't be 'prejudiced', but at least you've appeared to buck the trend by figuring out how to get a public library card and rant on a computer for the assigned 15 minutes. Mods, I'm embarrassed I've wasted my time and commented on my original post any further, and will not comment again on this thread, and all the racers can now bash me at will. GBR!

By that same argument anything requiring skill would then be a sport, as long as it was done with money on the line and/or a large audience watching. This would include any one of the umpteen cake-baking shows on TV these days. Tiger Woods couldn't bake any of those cakes. Making one requires tons of skill, and the process is physically demanding. But just because it involves strength, skill and a level of talent under pressure that the normal Joe doesn't have, that doesn't make it a sport.

Curling is considered a sport, an Olympic one in fact...and it looks easier than baking. I've no clue where baking stands on the list of toughest household jobs, but if I'm making the list it's well ahead of sweeping. How 'bout horse racing? It's the sport of kings right? And the twenty-four and a half pound guys on top of those half-ton horses are the very definition of 'along for the ride'. Still, it's considered a sport.

NASCAR is a sport. It's not a game, but it is a sport. Football of course is a sport, but it's a game...best one on the planet if you ask me. Not all games are sports, but by the same token not all sports are games.

And congrats to Foppa for not being a bigot! Intolerant, insulting and ignorant generalizations of a group of people is universally considered not predjudiced if you are fairly certain the people you are talking about have the same skin color as you! Well Done!

Dating could be described as a game and a sport. But thankfully, MTV and all the networks clog television with that reality crap, not ESPN. I'm not sure where you're getting the 'skin color' dynamics, and as I decided against posting all sorts of individuals standing in the food stamp aisle wearing Jeff Gordon gear, I figured it was best not feeding into that. I really could care less about the 'Left Turn Lobotomy', but when it has the potential to interfere with Nebraska football, especially one of the biggest games of the year, I get PISSED. I'm glad I don't know what you look like so I can't be 'prejudiced', but at least you've appeared to buck the trend by figuring out how to get a public library card and rant on a computer for the assigned 15 minutes. Mods, I'm embarrassed I've wasted my time and commented on my original post any further, and will not comment again on this thread, and all the racers can now bash me at will. GBR!

First off the NASCAR race on the schedule has been on that weekend for atleast a couple of years. Which IS the reason ESPN wanted this game on Thursday Night. So blame ESPN I guess. FWIW, I still think this game is gonna be a night game with an 8:15pm start on ESPN.

First off the NASCAR race on the schedule has been on that weekend for atleast a couple of years. Which IS the reason ESPN wanted this game on Thursday Night. So blame ESPN I guess. FWIW, I still think this game is gonna be a night game with an 8:15pm start on ESPN.

I second this, we're going to not only have a night game, but a LATE night game - starting on PAC10 time slot. No way this isn't a night game. The Horns will be pushing for a night time slot. Those who think the horns are pushing for the 2:30 are wrong. They aren't wrapped up with thinking the lights will be a huge issue- they're looking to maximize national exposure, and the night slot fits the bill. 11 am time slots suck, I always skip it and watch the rerun of the CGD telecast instead.

• Fire 1

I second this, we're going to not only have a night game, but a LATE night game - starting on PAC10 time slot. No way this isn't a night game. The Horns will be pushing for a night time slot. Those who think the horns are pushing for the 2:30 are wrong. They aren't wrapped up with thinking the lights will be a huge issue- they're looking to maximize national exposure, and the night slot fits the bill. 11 am time slots suck, I always skip it and watch the rerun of the CGD telecast instead.

Finally, Ive been saying this the whole thread and nobody gets it. Thank You.

I think ESPN/ABC big wigs are actually drooling over this situation......

Lets see......

College Gameday Live from Lincoln NE 8am-11am central.

ABC National game-BigTen possible 11am

ABC Michigan-Iowa 2:30pm

ABC Nascar 6pm

ESPN2 OSU-Wisconsin 6pm

ESPN Nebraska Texas 8:15

ESPN2 Pac-10 game 9:15

This is their chance to have every friggin TV in America glued to one of their 3 channels, pretty much all day long $$$$$$.

If ESPN wants College Gameday to come to Lincoln, this game will be at night.

i don't think texas is trying to make this a night game...if they were they would have accepted the thursday night deal...texas is trying to get in and out of lincoln as early as possible...the later the game is the worse it is for texas...believe me they know that...they will push every button they can make up to have the game at 11 in the morning or as early as possible

Texas used the excuse of school for not playing the game. However, after listening to a couple stations down there they consider themselves a Saturday game day team. They usually play one game on Thursdays, that being the T A&M game on Thanksgiving. They have been laughing saying big boy programs don't play on Tuesday, Weds, and Thursday. Even though this comment reeks of Texas arrogance I tend to agree. When we get back on top I want to be on TV in the Prime Time Saturday slot.

i don't think texas is trying to make this a night game...if they were they would have accepted the thursday night deal...texas is trying to get in and out of lincoln as early as possible...the later the game is the worse it is for texas...believe me they know that...they will push every button they can make up to have the game at 11 in the morning or as early as possible

Just because they don't want thursday doesn't mean they don't want a night game. The long horns love money and exposure. There is more to gain from a Saturday night game than a thursday one. Personally, I would rather have the saturday one complete with college gameday.

Higher viewership numbers is what their execs are seeking this season. Those higher numbers equate to better sales pitches to companies for advertising rev on their new network being launched.

To suggest Texas wants an 11 am game because they are scared is stupid. Even TO said this week that when he was coach he prefered night games because the opposing crowd would motivate his team. Somewhere in Mac brown's egotistical head, he's not fearing lights in lincoln, he's looking for the best way to position his team to gobble up even more 5 star recruits.

Just because they don't want thursday doesn't mean they don't want a night game. The long horns love money and exposure. There is more to gain from a Saturday night game than a thursday one. Personally, I would rather have the saturday one complete with college gameday.

Higher viewership numbers is what their execs are seeking this season. Those higher numbers equate to better sales pitches to companies for advertising rev on their new network being launched.

To suggest Texas wants an 11 am game because they are scared is stupid. Even TO said this week that when he was coach he prefered night games because the opposing crowd would motivate his team. Somewhere in Mac brown's egotistical head, he's not fearing lights in lincoln, he's looking for the best way to position his team to gobble up even more 5 star recruits.

Its pretty much a given that both teams want a night game. Nebraska wants to be able to get big recruits in for the game. Texas wants the exposure and have their recruits be able to watch the whole game on National TV. Honestly what high school kid is gonna wanna come to Lincoln for an 11am game after playing a game on Friday Night. Plus a minority of high school kids are gonna be up that early to watch the whole game. An 11am Central start, prob means that Texas would have come down on Friday afternoon, that would kinda mess up their practice/class schedule. I remember reading were Bo said that they wanted to keep the same routine as possible road games, so the same prob goes for Texas. Also this game would start on west coast at 9am, a very minimal chance at expanded viewership, which means less money. This would be lose/lose situation for everybody involved including ABC/ESPN.

Correct me if Im wrong. Very rarely now a days have I seen a game with all this magnitude and excitement start at 11am.

Its pretty much a given that both teams want a night game. Nebraska wants to be able to get big recruits in for the game. Texas wants the exposure and have their recruits be able to watch the whole game on National TV. Honestly what high school kid is gonna wanna come to Lincoln for an 11am game after playing a game on Friday Night. Plus a minority of high school kids are gonna be up that early to watch the whole game. An 11am Central start, prob means that Texas would have come down on Friday afternoon, that would kinda mess up their practice/class schedule. I remember reading were Bo said that they wanted to keep the same routine as possible road games, so the same prob goes for Texas. Also this game would start on west coast at 9am, a very minimal chance at expanded viewership, which means less money. This would be lose/lose situation for everybody involved including ABC/ESPN.

Correct me if Im wrong. Very rarely now a days have I seen a game with all this magnitude and excitement start at 11am.

I just don't see the game being on at 11:00 in the morning. I'm fairly certain it's going to be on ata 2:30 with the other 2:30 game being Iowa v. Michigan. Both games will be national because one will air on ABC in your area while the other will be on ESPN or ESPN2.