College Football Live's What if? series

Back to the 5 straight NCs, anybody think there's any chance that they have Berringer not dying in the plane crash and taking over after Frazier? I can't remember if Berringer was a JR or SO in '95, but I like the thought of them putting Nebraska as having 5 National Championships in a row, just to prove just how dominant those years were for the Huskers.

Of course it could happen that since Nebraska beat FSU in '93 they'll lose to Miami in '94 because they already won Osborne his NC. If they have the '95 Nebraska losing any game, I'm automatically calling bullsh#t.

Berringer was a Senior in 1995. Come on now! :facepalm:

I have always had a bad feeling, that if Byron makes the FG in 93, we don't win 3 of 4. I think Tommie and the rest of the seniors on the 94 team were SO driven after that loss, nothing was going to stop them from winning. If Tommie goes down in 94 like he did, and we had won the NC the year before, I think we would've lost the "edge" that willed the team to victory, even at KSU. That loss to FSU laid the ground work for what would become the hardest working football team in the country for 4 years.

JMO

I have always had a bad feeling, that if Byron makes the FG in 93, we don't win 3 of 4. I think Tommie and the rest of the seniors on the 94 team were SO driven after that loss, nothing was going to stop them from winning. If Tommie goes down in 94 like he did, and we had won the NC the year before, I think we would've lost the "edge" that willed the team to victory, even at KSU. That loss to FSU laid the ground work for what would become the hardest working football team in the country for 4 years.

JMO

Agree with this. That fight with miami the next year was phenominal. Plus I thought that was the year TO changed their bowl preparation routine because the nebraska news made comments on that several times after the game how miami had taken so much time off compared to nebraska.