College Football Live's What if? series

College Football Live has been doing a What If? series for the past couple weeks where they ask questions about pivotal points on the College Football landscape and progressing with how things might have gone if the opposite had happened (ex. the Ohio State vs. Miami pass interference call, the Bush Push USC vs. Notre Dame, and the 2 point conversion call in '83 NU vs. Miami).

On Monday they will be asking What if Nebraska hadn't missed the field goal at the end of the '93 championship game against FSU?

Who wants to bet that they say that Nebraska will end up winning 5 straight NCs?

I've been noticing most of these "what if's" involve some team beating Nebraska somewhere in their fake time line. :espnsucks:

I thought the exact same thing. Just how does PSU not joining the Big10 in 1990 means that they not only play NU in the 1994 Orange Bowl, but actually beat them. How do we even know that PSU's schedule would have been strong enough to be in that game had they not played #5 Michigan and #21 OSU in conference?

Seems to me like some of there what if's have been more like WTF's .

Back to the 5 straight NCs, anybody think there's any chance that they have Berringer not dying in the plane crash and taking over after Frazier? I can't remember if Berringer was a JR or SO in '95, but I like the thought of them putting Nebraska as having 5 National Championships in a row, just to prove just how dominant those years were for the Huskers.

Of course it could happen that since Nebraska beat FSU in '93 they'll lose to Miami in '94 because they already won Osborne his NC. If they have the '95 Nebraska losing any game, I'm automatically calling bullsh#t.

Back to the 5 straight NCs, anybody think there's any chance that they have Berringer not dying in the plane crash and taking over after Frazier? I can't remember if Berringer was a JR or SO in '95, but I like the thought of them putting Nebraska as having 5 National Championships in a row, just to prove just how dominant those years were for the Huskers.

Of course it could happen that since Nebraska beat FSU in '93 they'll lose to Miami in '94 because they already won Osborne his NC. If they have the '95 Nebraska losing any game, I'm automatically calling bullsh#t.

Berringer was a Sr. in 95, also.

Berringer was a Sr. in 95, also.

He had several great tryouts for the pros and would have been drafted.

:facepalm:

No the question is What if Nebraska had made the field goal at the end of that game? So it is Nebraska beating FSU. Now the only question will be whether or not ESPN decides to give Nebraska 5 straight, or just 3 straight with the break in '96 followed by winning it in '97. 4 in 5 years isn't bad and it definitely sets the precedent for the modern era.