Legacy Statue

I have one at home, taken last week or two - whenever I got those pictures of the North Stadium.

Pop Quiz - without looking it up, does anyone know the team we were playing that the statue is based off of?

I don't know the team, but would like to know.

Thanks again for your help with photos!

typ3kal is the winner. I remember watching that play and feeling sorry for their RB. That poor kid had nowhere to go and (obviously) got absolutely buried.

EDIT - I just remembered that I took kind of a funny picture of the statue, too. I'll post that one up as well.

Huskers.com says the statue is based off a photo that a guy took from 95 game against KSU. I'd be interested in seeing the original photo if anyone knows where to find it.

I just searched for it and couldn't find it. I searched under Nebraska vs. Kansas State 1995 and Nebraska Kansas State Richard Voges, but no luck. No video of that play, either. All the video I could find was of our offense running all over the field, and of Rucker destroying some KSU player on a punt return.

That's not the one.

Located just east of Memorial Stadium, Husker Legacy was created by Malcom, Neb., artist Fred Hoppe in 1997. The statue, weighing about two tons and encased in bronze, serves as a tribute to the tradition of Nebraska football.

Depicting six Husker defensive players tackling a player from Kansas State, the statue was modeled after a photograph taken by Richard Voges, a photographer for the Athletic Department, during the Nebraska-Kansas State game at Memorial Stadium on Oct. 22, 1995.

LINK

Wasn't the 1994 CU game that night game where it rained/sleeted the whole game, and we knocked Kordell out of the game in the third quarter or something? We won that game like 52-10. I yelled myself hoarse at that game, mostly at the refs for not flagging McCartney for being on the field the whole time.

Wasn't the 1994 CU game that night game where it rained/sleeted the whole game, and we knocked Kordell out of the game in the third quarter or something? We won that game like 52-10. I yelled myself hoarse at that game, mostly at the refs for not flagging McCartney for being on the field the whole time.

No, that was the 24-7 game when Brook was playing qb for an injured Frazier. Afternoon game, nice weather. We jumped back ahead of PSU in the polls after that game. I know what it says on Huskers.com, but have (had) the Sports Illustrated from after that game, and I am pretty sure that there was pic of Coneally, C. Peter, D. Coleman, possibly Troy Dumas all engulfing Stewart in that SI. I am pretty sure that it was the pic that the statue was made from.

That pic may be in one of SI's end of the year Commemorative issues.

No, that was the 24-7 game when Brook was playing qb for an injured Frazier. Afternoon game, nice weather. We jumped back ahead of PSU in the polls after that game. I know what it says on Huskers.com, but have (had) the Sports Illustrated from after that game, and I am pretty sure that there was pic of Coneally, C. Peter, D. Coleman, possibly Troy Dumas all engulfing Stewart in that SI. I am pretty sure that it was the pic that the statue was made from.

That pic may be in one of SI's end of the year Commemorative issues.

I can guarantee you that the statue was made from the K-State game. I was there, and I remember that play quite clearly, and I remember feeling sorry for that kid. His line left him hanging out to dry, and the Blackshirts just mauled him.

One of my favorite plays of all time was in the CU game you're thinking of. Kordell, my favorite Buff QB ever, was supposed to run a QB draw, or at least that's how it appeared. The line split in two and there was this gaping hole right up the middle, and Kordell was all set to go through it, but then he looked up from his play fake and there was Terry Conneally barreling through that hole, looming over Kordell like a storm shadow of doom. Kordell got smooshed, and you all know the rest.

I really miss Kordell. :)