"Finish" bracelets

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on July 26, 2010 at 2:42PM CST

Husker senior wide receiver Niles Paul said players have red bracelets that provide a motivational reminder.

One one side of the bracelet, Paul said there's the word: "Finish."

On the other side, the numbers ":01."

"It's more of an offensive thing because if our offense had done our part in that game, things might have been different," Paul said. "It's just a motivator to get better, to be a better offense."

Do they really need braclets as reminder of last season???? To me that is something that would stick in my mind in every drill, weight room activity, conditioning drill and i would use it as fuel to be better this season. :dunno

it is also a solidarity thing if everyone on offense has it. also, you can never have too much motivation, or too many bracelets.

They have bracelets they wear, posters that they hang up in the locker room, they probably have the original Red Out video with "Beat Texas" on it. They have all the motivation they need to "Finish" every game this season.

I could understand the posters and maybe the video thing. I just dont get how a livestrong type of bracelet would get me anymore motivated than the posters or video would.

They have bracelets they wear, posters that they hang up in the locker room, they probably have the original Red Out video with "Beat Texas" on it. They have all the motivation they need to "Finish" every game this season.

I could understand the posters and maybe the video thing. I just dont get how a livestrong type of bracelet would get me anymore motivated than the posters or video would.

a bracelet is a constant reminder, not just a reminder on the field or in the lockers.

a bracelet is a constant reminder, not just a reminder on the field or in the lockers.

This team, with Bo has the head coach shouldnt need the constant reminder. I guess that was the point I was trying to make.

edit: also, finish is the perfect motto for this season. finish what we started against TU. finish the big 12 on top. finish the drives on offense. and finish the season strong. it keeps in mind that we are working toward the finish and every game matters. how we finish is contingent upon how we do in every game. it is the difference in the holiday bowl and a game in the national championship.

• Fire 2

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

There is no doubt the :01 is motivational for Texas and Texas only. But as far as the word "Finish".

I would say it's a good choice.. Anybody remember Va Tech?? What happens if Niles and a couple of others finish a play or two against the Cyclones???? Just saying, can't be the worst motivator, and if it helps one iota I'm all for it..

Absolutely not. How can you be so quick to tell us what is on the players' minds? As much is it hurts us, we can't even begin to imagine how much is must suck for the players. Not just Texas. Virginia Tech, ISU. The :01 was a sickly ironic culmination of everything wrong with last year's season. You have to look a step further than the obvious. If it was intended for Texas only it would be burnt orange with a longhorn on saying "beat Texas 00:01."

Of all the things that pissed off our players and give them motivation, don't you think that one thing is probably at the top of the list? It symbolizes everything, not just wanted to get back at Texas.

• Fire 1