Can you buy a laptop powercord at walmart?

Huskerboard has doled out some great advice to me in the past, so I will ask again for some help. Hubby called and is on the road with our toddler son, who rides best when watching movies. The powercord on the laptop fizzled so he asked me if I could find out if he can stop at any Walmart and get a new powercord for the Toshiba. I can't get a conclusive answer using Google. They have a 15 hour drive so as you can imagine this a near emergency.

Huskerboard has doled out some great advice to me in the past, so I will ask again for some help. Hubby called and is on the road with our toddler son, who rides best when watching movies. The powercord on the laptop fizzled so he asked me if I could find out if he can stop at any Walmart and get a new powercord for the Toshiba. I can't get a conclusive answer using Google. They have a 15 hour drive so as you can imagine this a near emergency.

You could give it a shot.

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/13029056/dell-90-watt-inspiron-ac-power-adapter-reviews/reviews.htm

It looks like Walmart has some...I'd call the Walmart in advance and just ask them to check inventory for you. Make sure you give them the model of the laptop, since the A/C Adapter for one Toshiba might not work on another model.

You could give it a shot.

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/13029056/dell-90-watt-inspiron-ac-power-adapter-reviews/reviews.htm

It looks like Walmart has some...I'd call the Walmart in advance and just ask them to check inventory for you. Make sure you give them the model of the laptop, since the A/C Adapter for one Toshiba might not work on another model.

Well on my Laptop which is Toshiba the power cord went out too. Couldnt find one at wal-mart, but I found universal one at Best Buy for I think around 80-90 bucks. I dont think you even need the model number, it says on the box which Laptops it is compatable with. Hope this helps.

Just go to any place that not only fixes computers but also sells 'parts' (motherboards, hard drives, etc). My power cord went out on my HP laptop and I just stopped by the place that I normally take my computer to and voila'. I have a Toshiba now so I'm hoping this cord doesn't go out! Anyplace that sells computer accessories should get you up and running again...

Just go to any place that not only fixes computers but also sells 'parts' (motherboards, hard drives, etc). My power cord went out on my HP laptop and I just stopped by the place that I normally take my computer to and voila'. I have a Toshiba now so I'm hoping this cord doesn't go out! Anyplace that sells computer accessories should get you up and running again...

Same here. My wife and I own two Toshiba's and so far, no problems.

krc,

Is your hubby sure it's the power cord and not the plug (female receptacle) itself? My sons old laptop had problems with what we thought was the power cord. Turns out the receptacle itself inside the computer was bad.