Depth Chart released...

Alright, not nearly so fishy now. :)

But just because Bowman is listed #2 he\'s already a bust? That\'s a starting position if you didn\'t get that. Good lord, that\'s almost as bad as that bull about Beck being a bust. He earned a starting job, that means he did something right. Lets let the guy play before we jump on his back shouting \'bust!\'

I just heard so much hype about him being the #1 JUCO CB in the nation and then he comes in and can not even beat out sophmore who is talented but not to the level I was lead to believe Bowman was.

They were talking like he was going to start day one. I guess maybe I should give it a game or two and see how it plays out. Maybe Grixby has improved that much, I hope so.

Alright, not nearly so fishy now.  :)

But just because Bowman is listed #2 he\'s already a bust?  That\'s a starting position if you didn\'t get that.  Good lord, that\'s almost as bad as that bull about Beck being a bust.  He earned a starting job, that means he did something right.  Lets let the guy play before we jump on his back shouting \'bust!\'

I just heard so much hype about him being the #1 JUCO CB in the nation and then he comes in and can not even beat out sophmore who is talented but not to the level I was lead to believe Bowman was.

They were talking like he was going to start day one. I guess maybe I should give it a game or two and see how it plays out. Maybe Grixby has improved that much, I hope so.

Well, Grix was a 4 star recruit and Bowman was a 5 star. To me, 4's & 5's are pretty much interchangeable. Plus, Grix has had an extra year in Elmo's system.

It\\\'s Chris Leflore, a redshirt sophomore from Central H.S. in Omaha.

Is he black?

Why does that matter geez, is this 1950\\\'s or something. :bang

Yes, it matters. I\'m tired of seeing so many white players in the defensive backfield. They\'re not as fast (in general).

:dis We had a guy name Eric Crouch that was faster then most everybody, we have Shanle now who is one of the fasted guys on the team and he is white. That is a GROSS generlizeation and a little offensive.

I do think Girxby is at least part black didn\'t his cousin used to play RB for us?

QUOTE (chappy @ Aug 30 2005, 12:02 PM)

QUOTE (NoPlaceLikeNebraska @ Aug 30 2005, 11:54 AM)

QUOTE (chappy @ Aug 30 2005, 11:39 AM)

QUOTE (hoyamannn @ Aug 30 2005, 11:38 AM)

Is he black? 

Why does that matter geez, is this 1950\\\'s or something. 

Yes, it matters. I\'m tired of seeing so many white players in the defensive backfield. They\'re not as fast (in general). 

That's a pretty bold statement.

Is he black?

Why does that matter geez, is this 1950\\\'s or something. :bang

:dis We had a guy name Eric Crouch that was faster then most everybody, we have Shanle now who is one of the fasted guys on the team and he is white. That is a GROSS generlizeation and a little offensive.

I do think Girxby is at least part black didn\'t his cousin used to play RB for us?

It shouldn't matter at all, but I do have two words for you Pat Ricketts, he sucked arse last year.

Both Lucky and Glenn have been given 20 plays each to study and learn.

Brandon Jackson has been in the system for alot longer and knows more plays so he's # 2. Also the fact that Brandon isn't a push over, he's a really good back and had the fastest time of all RB's in winter conditioning.

I wouldn't worry about Bowman being # 2 on the depth chart. It's against Maine.. Plus when Nebraska plays Iowa St, Grixby will not be the CB on WR Todd Blythe. Unless Cosgrove has a death wish.

The 6'5 Blythe beat both Fabian and Grixby last year like they stole something.

It looks like Bowman is going to be another JUCO Bust. I had such high hopes for him.

:dumdum

Gimme a break. The guy will see just as much time as any corner this year. The guy hasn't even played down one in Div 1-A ball and you are ready to chuck him. :wtf

all i can say is grixby must be one hell of an improved athlete......still listed at only 165 lbs?? i can see teams with big wideouts taking advantage of this, at least at 190 lbs. bowman could at least be somewhat physical and match up with big wideouts...i hope i am wrong, but this looks like a problem to me......free safety better be around to help out on that side??

also i see many teams throwing on us deep early in the game, to get his down and rock the confidence of an untested defense......hope the boys are ready back there

in the secondary

hunter

It\\\\\\\'s Chris Leflore, a redshirt sophomore from Central H.S. in Omaha.

Is he black?

Why does that matter geez, is this 1950\\\\\\\'s or something. :bang

Yes, it matters. I\\\'m tired of seeing so many white players in the defensive backfield. They\\\'re not as fast (in general).

I do think Girxby is at least part black didn\\\'t his cousin used to play RB for us?

It shouldn\'t matter at all, but I do have two words for you Pat Ricketts, he sucked arse last year.

Ah...He didn\'t play last year. We have had black players that have sucked to. I was talking more to speed as that was what the statment was made.