Huskers Released BBall Schedule

Linky

Looks like we just released on schedule for next season. Apparently, we're apart of some prestigious Puerto Rico Tip-Off 8 team tourney and we play Vanderbilt in the first round. Maybe I'd know something about this tourney if we weren't TERRIBLE and hoops. Well, at least those boys shouldn't have to put up with the Puerto Rican heat for very long, as we should be home soon after that loss.

We also play TCU and USC in our non conf. schedule. Looks like it's gonna be another doozy of a season for Big Red Hoops. We should start making over/under lines for how much longer Doc is in Lincoln. Too bad... good guy, good defensive mind, but offense is just flat-out anemic.

Linky

Looks like we just released on schedule for next season. Apparently, we're apart of some prestigious Puerto Rico Tip-Off 8 team tourney and we play Vanderbilt in the first round. Maybe I'd know something about this tourney if we weren't TERRIBLE and hoops. Well, at least those boys shouldn't have to put up with the Puerto Rican heat for very long, as we should be home soon after that loss.

We also play TCU and USC in our non conf. schedule. Looks like it's gonna be another doozy of a season for Big Red Hoops. We should start making over/under lines for how much longer Doc is in Lincoln. Too bad... good guy, good defensive mind, but offense is just flat-out anemic.

apparently you don't follow hoops at all.... the puerto rico tourney has been talked about quite a bit as far back as during the season last year. nu played in this tourney several years ago and went 3-0 i believe.

i for one am somewhat excited by this schedule, the middle stretch is tough but there is a string of games at the beginning and end of season that would allow a decent team to hit a win streak. the last few years they've had tough games at the very start, it'll be nice to have a couple potential confidence boosting games to start the season, and also be able to end hot, which leads to a better tourney showing

Linky

apparently you don't follow hoops at all.... the puerto rico tourney has been talked about quite a bit as far back as during the season last year. nu played in this tourney several years ago and went 3-0 i believe.

i for one am somewhat excited by this schedule, the middle stretch is tough but there is a string of games at the beginning and end of season that would allow a decent team to hit a win streak. the last few years they've had tough games at the very start, it'll be nice to have a couple potential confidence boosting games to start the season, and also be able to end hot, which leads to a better tourney showing

Guilty, man. I like to watch the games if they are on and I know who we are playing, but I'm not as big of a college basketball fan as a lot of other guys. Good to get your breakdown on the schedule, you have me cautiously optimistic. Here's to hoping this year is the year Doc and the boys turn it around. I really like the guy and he fits in well here, He's just had a lot of breaks go against him while he's been here. How do you feel we can do in the puerto rico tourney, B Ball?

• 1 month later...

Linky

Guilty, man. I like to watch the games if they are on and I know who we are playing, but I'm not as big of a college basketball fan as a lot of other guys. Good to get your breakdown on the schedule, you have me cautiously optimistic. Here's to hoping this year is the year Doc and the boys turn it around. I really like the guy and he fits in well here, He's just had a lot of breaks go against him while he's been here. How do you feel we can do in the puerto rico tourney, B Ball?

honestly, not that well. i think early on the team will show a few flashes of something good to come, but i'm guessing they won't be making any waves in this tournament. just too young and still out-classed athletically. however, i think there are a few ball players on this team and once they get a few cupcakes under their belts, they will gain some confidence and could do moderately well in conference play. i think you will see this team playing their best ball at the end of the season and their worst ball at the beginning, and when i say worst i mean really bad. the key will be how they hold up, if they keep at it and don't get down on themselves they could put together a season that would regain some interest in this program