NCAA 2011 Recruiting Questions/Comments

I noticed the CPU not telling me what I really need too. So I usually just go through and see how many seniors I have and then decide how many players I wish to recruit. Although I emphasize going after only pipeline, I would suggest checking the country for some interest levels. There always seems to be a lot of interest in some strange areas.

You hit the nail on the head with that last part. Pipeline stats are important, but you can get some very talented recruits from odd places in the country who are very interested in your program.

As for your first part, I also noticed the CPU will automatically assign the wrong players into your depth chart. For example, the third guy on the depth chart at my full back position was a left tackle. My recruiting levels said I had three full backs and I didn't worry about it. In reality, my third full back would have been a really crappy full back.

interesting, are you sure you were looking at the correct roster? I noticed once you red shirt a player- to actually view the FULL roster you have to select edit rosters? and then it will show possibly a redshirt FB. I am sure you knew this already but just throwing it out there.

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the damn Awareness in this game??? I can have a 5th year senior with awareness of 50-60, I am sorry but if he has been in my program that long, he should easily be in the 80-90 range.

I remember reading somewhere they were supposed to be fixing stats of players you recruit. Apparently, the further into dynasty you got, the worse the stats for recruits became.

But, after reading the list of things they fixed with the patch released last week, I didn't see anything about player stats being adjusted. I feel your pain on this topic.

It reminds me of the kickers in this game. The first kicker I recruited was the #2 kicker in the nation, yet in his Freshman season he was incapable of kicking a field goal longer than 42 yards. He just didn't have the leg strength.

In the end, the best advice I have is to play close attention to the stats rather than the star ratings of recruits. For example, I recruited the #1 running back and #2 running back in one year. Yet once they made the official roster, the #1 running back had an overall rating of 85 while the #2 had an overall rating of 76. Pretty big discrepancy. Try your best to find a player that has high awareness to begin with.

I noticed the CPU not telling me what I really need too. So I usually just go through and see how many seniors I have and then decide how many players I wish to recruit. Although I emphasize going after only pipeline, I would suggest checking the country for some interest levels. There always seems to be a lot of interest in some strange areas.

You hit the nail on the head with that last part. Pipeline stats are important, but you can get some very talented recruits from odd places in the country who are very interested in your program.

As for your first part, I also noticed the CPU will automatically assign the wrong players into your depth chart. For example, the third guy on the depth chart at my full back position was a left tackle. My recruiting levels said I had three full backs and I didn't worry about it. In reality, my third full back would have been a really crappy full back.

interesting, are you sure you were looking at the correct roster? I noticed once you red shirt a player- to actually view the FULL roster you have to select edit rosters? and then it will show possibly a redshirt FB. I am sure you knew this already but just throwing it out there.

Is anyone else getting frustrated with the damn Awareness in this game??? I can have a 5th year senior with awareness of 50-60, I am sorry but if he has been in my program that long, he should easily be in the 80-90 range.

I remember reading somewhere they were supposed to be fixing stats of players you recruit. Apparently, the further into dynasty you got, the worse the stats for recruits became.

But, after reading the list of things they fixed with the patch released last week, I didn't see anything about player stats being adjusted. I feel your pain on this topic.

It reminds me of the kickers in this game. The first kicker I recruited was the #2 kicker in the nation, yet in his Freshman season he was incapable of kicking a field goal longer than 42 yards. He just didn't have the leg strength.

In the end, the best advice I have is to play close attention to the stats rather than the star ratings of recruits. For example, I recruited the #1 running back and #2 running back in one year. Yet once they made the official roster, the #1 running back had an overall rating of 85 while the #2 had an overall rating of 76. Pretty big discrepancy. Try your best to find a player that has high awareness to begin with.

Kickers and punters are the worst. DO NOT JUST PUT WHOEVER HAS INTEREST ON YOUR BOARD. You have to check kick power/accuracy. Alot of the interested guys just have like C's or evcn D's in one of those areas. I personally prefer leg strength over accuracy. Accuracy has more to do with me than the kickers stats... I just have to have a smooth flick. Oftentimes, if all my kicking recruits suck and i need a kicker, I'll recruit a punter with a booming leg and convert him to kicker.

And oddly enough, certain kickers have very high stamina/injury ratings. Does a place kicker really need stamina?

• 6 months later...

Kickers and punters are the worst. DO NOT JUST PUT WHOEVER HAS INTEREST ON YOUR BOARD. You have to check kick power/accuracy. Alot of the interested guys just have like C's or evcn D's in one of those areas. I personally prefer leg strength over accuracy. Accuracy has more to do with me than the kickers stats... I just have to have a smooth flick. Oftentimes, if all my kicking recruits suck and i need a kicker, I'll recruit a punter with a booming leg and convert him to kicker.

And oddly enough, certain kickers have very high stamina/injury ratings. Does a place kicker really need stamina?

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. What's the point of high stamina for a kicker in a video game?

I really hope they adjust many of the problems with recruiting in the 2012 edition. I have a fairly long rant about it in the NCAA 2012 thread, so I'll save everybody the trouble here.