Fox Sports?

Hello fellow Husker fans! Jacked about the upcoming season and looking forward to Nebraska punishing Big 12 opponents on our way out the door!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the proper forum, so mod's feel free to move it.

My questions is, it states that FSN will be airing the game via pay per view, is it Fox Sports Network pay per view or is it Fox Sports North pay per view that will be carrying the game via pay per view? I live in Hilton Head SC and we have Hargray for a cable provider. We have approximately 4.2 million channels but it seems like every year I cant find the game via pay per view. My current channel lineup card shows FSN South and 3 other's called Fox College Sports. When I pull up those channels on the TV they read, FXSS, FSDA, FSDC and FSDP. I've researched the net with no real luck, I have called my cable provider and they don't know anything (whats new) or really what I'm even talking about.

In years past I typically find a friend with a satellite and watch it there but prefer to watch it in the comfort of my own home this year.

Sorry if this is overly confusing, just trying to get to the bottom of this. Any idea's?

GBR...

Nice to see another Husker fan from SC. If you have digital cable, I would think you can get the PPV without much trouble. I would call them closer to the week of the game to find out. You might be able to order it by phone and they should have a special channel for you to turn to that normally doesn't come up (if you don't have digital). I used to get them when I had digital cable in Oklahoma.

Nice to see another Husker fan from SC. If you have digital cable, I would think you can get the PPV without much trouble. I would call them closer to the week of the game to find out. You might be able to order it by phone and they should have a special channel for you to turn to that normally doesn't come up (if you don't have digital). I used to get them when I had digital cable in Oklahoma.

I do have digital now, so I hope your right. Just going on past experience it seems that when you call these bafoon's at the cable provider, nobody has an answer. Hopefully they will know something a few day's out so that I can make alternative plans.

Not sure why digital would be any different then the normal cable box I had before other than it is connected to the internet..?

Hello fellow Husker fans! Jacked about the upcoming season and looking forward to Nebraska punishing Big 12 opponents on our way out the door!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the proper forum, so mod's feel free to move it.

My questions is, it states that FSN will be airing the game via pay per view, is it Fox Sports Network pay per view or is it Fox Sports North pay per view that will be carrying the game via pay per view? I live in Hilton Head SC and we have Hargray for a cable provider. We have approximately 4.2 million channels but it seems like every year I cant find the game via pay per view. My current channel lineup card shows FSN South and 3 other's called Fox College Sports. When I pull up those channels on the TV they read, FXSS, FSDA, FSDC and FSDP. I've researched the net with no real luck, I have called my cable provider and they don't know anything (whats new) or really what I'm even talking about.

In years past I typically find a friend with a satellite and watch it there but prefer to watch it in the comfort of my own home this year.

Sorry if this is overly confusing, just trying to get to the bottom of this. Any idea's?

GBR...

In your part of the country, if you don't have a satellite service at your home, you'll be out of luck. Commerical establishments outside of Nebraska won't order the game because it'll set bars back $500, if not more.

Huskers.com will have a press release which will list all of the cable and satellite providers that will carry to them on PPV. I will be willing to bet that you won't be able to get it since you have cable and live in South Carolina. Only way you would be able to get it would be with DirecTV or Dish Network.

In your part of the country, if you don't have a satellite service at your home, you'll be out of luck. Commerical establishments outside of Nebraska won't order the game because it'll set bars back $500, if not more.

Thanks for the heads up about the press release, I will certainly keep an eye out for that.

Also I understand where you guy's are coming from about living in SC. It just seems to me in this day and age of digital cable, the ability to stream movies via blu ray etc., that FSN would have the ability to get these games to you through a cable company so long as your account is not tied to a commercial establishment. After all it's the internet, is that not the same as satellite? Let me ask this...Is there a way to stream these PPV games live on your PC? If so, I would simply hook an HDMI cord from the PC to the TV...?

Huskers.com will have a press release which will list all of the cable and satellite providers that will carry to them on PPV. I will be willing to bet that you won't be able to get it since you have cable and live in South Carolina. Only way you would be able to get it would be with DirecTV or Dish Network.

Thanks for the heads up about the press release, I will certainly keep an eye out for that.

Also I understand where you guy's are coming from about living in SC. It just seems to me in this day and age of digital cable, the ability to stream movies via blu ray etc., that FSN would have the ability to get these games to you through a cable company so long as your account is not tied to a commercial establishment. After all it's the internet, is that not the same as satellite? Let me ask this...Is there a way to stream these PPV games live on your PC? If so, I would simply hook an HDMI cord from the PC to the TV...?

Why not just get a sattelite? Its usually cheaper and you have more options.

huskers15, I think it's an issue of demand more than anything else.

I'm sure there's got to be some expense invovled for fill in the blank cable comapny to pick up the PPV games because despite the large Husker fan base that exists here in the Des Moines metro as well as in Western Iowa, Mediacom, which is Iowa's primary cable provider, has never picked up a Husker PPV telecast, that's despite several bars in the area who have in the past purchased the PPV and those places are packed full of Husker fans when they do.

That leads me to believe that there has to be some expense invovled for these cable companies to carry the PPV telecast.

Billdozer15, I would if I could but the owner's assoc. of the condo's I live in, wont allow dishes.

If you have exclusive use of a deck, patio, etc., the FCC allows for you to have the right to install a dish and their policies will trump any policies that your HOA may have.

Billdozer15, I would if I could but the owner's assoc. of the condo's I live in, wont allow dishes.

Do you own or rent? I am fairly positive it is agianst the law for an HOA to limit your access to media. I know this because I live in a Townhome and the HOA had a restriction on putting up sattelites and some people fought it and won and now we can have sattelites.

look here for more info

I'm sure there's got to be some expense invovled for fill in the blank cable comapny to pick up the PPV games because despite the large Husker fan base that exists here in the Des Moines metro as well as in Western Iowa, Mediacom, which is Iowa's primary cable provider, has never picked up a Husker PPV telecast, that's despite several bars in the area who have in the past purchased the PPV and those places are packed full of Husker fans when they do.

That leads me to believe that there has to be some expense invovled for these cable companies to carry the PPV telecast.

If you have exclusive use of a deck, patio, etc., the FCC allows for you to have the right to install a dish and their policies will trump any policies that your HOA may have.

Do you own or rent? I am fairly positive it is agianst the law for an HOA to limit your access to media. I know this because I live in a Townhome and the HOA had a restriction on putting up sattelites and some people fought it and won and now we can have sattelites.

look here for more info

Very interesting! I will certainly look into that, thanks!

look here for more info

Very interesting! I will certainly look into that, thanks!

Good luck! If your HOA fight's back (because some do) visit www.dbstalk.com and just do a search for HOA's for tips to win these sort of battles