Is this true

Hate the new look, although it's minor changes, I don't like them.

I will continue to say it until I am blue in the face: 2001 uniforms. Very balanced and clean look. Patches on left and right side, Nebraska on top of the numbers, no stripes on the pants, tall red socks for home and tall white socks for the road.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/71021628.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=516B9ACD38651731C65F67258944B09E1502D5B361855B321241C252CACE714AE30A760B0D811297

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/645529.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD55E4CD167D7334724BC82AA1608AFB13826BB724DEA4C56D

Nothing else comes close.

The high socks were cool look. I wish we would go back to them, atleast for home games.

Not really a fan of the new sleeves, I like our look from recent years. Actually, I think I like the '01 look best (maybe as a function of our success that year) - if I recall, a single shoulder stripe and no pant stripes.

I want to see us in our all-whites on some away games though, I think those are awesome.

The '01 jerseys had two shoulder stripes, it was just hard to tell because most had their sleeves tucked into the pads with the bottom stripe being tucked away. Here is a list of all the minor/major uniform changes over the last decade that I can remember.

'00-'01: These were the same uniforms aesthetically, but definitely had an upgrade in quality. Two horizontal shoulder stripes, no stripes on the pants, and full length socks that matched the jersey color (red socks at home, white on the road). Black shoes.

'02: The god awful year of the "new, flashy" uniforms. The aways were all white (jersey, pants and socks), with a big, thick red stripe going down the sides of the body and a red trim on the neck. No shoulder stripes, and the shoulder numbers were all the way down on the sides of the pads. The home uni's were essentially the same design, but since the jersey was already red it didn't exactly have a "stripe", but it had two small white strips that were meant to symbolize a red stripe in between them. Still had the same white pants and socks.

'03: As far as I can tell, these are the exact same as the '01 uniforms. Back to the two shoulder stripes, no stripes on the pants and this was the last year of the full length socks.

'04: Callahan's first year brought about two small stripes down the sides of the pants. Everything else stayed the same, except most players no longer wore high socks (although some did).

'05-'06: Same as '04, but for the '05 Colorado game everybody wore full length socks.

'07: Still no change, but for the Colorado game they wore all-white alternates (jersey, pants and socks), and instead of typical black/grey shoes and gloves, they wore white and red trimmed accessories.

'08: No change here

'09: Fundamentally still the same, but for some reason (still unknown?) the shoulder stripes started to get a yellow-ish, almost pee-colored tinge to them.

I like the new jersey just a couple quick comments, first although the shoulder numbers look really high I bet once the pads are on it will be closer to last year than what people think. Second I think the urine yellow stripes will come back I think its just a matter of the jersey getting worn. I also like the 2001 jerseys with the high socks, however the sleeves still had two stripes. I know I seem a bit picky but just giving input.

I like the new jersey just a couple quick comments, first although the shoulder numbers look really high I bet once the pads are on it will be closer to last year than what people think. Second I think the urine yellow stripes will come back I think its just a matter of the jersey getting worn. I also like the 2001 jerseys with the high socks, however the sleeves still had two stripes. I know I seem a bit picky but just giving input.

i dunno...looks to me like those numbers are gonna be right below the ear holes on that nice flat shoulder pad patch.