Armstrong Investigation

Associated Press Friday, August 5, 2005; 11:00 PM PARIS, France --

Lance Armstrong's record setting seventh Tour de France victory, along with his entire Tour de France legacy, may be tarnished by what could turn out to be one of the greatest sports scandals of all time. Armstrong is being quizzed by French police after three banned substances were found in his South France hotel room while on vacation after winning the 2005 Tour de France.

The three substances found were toothpaste, deodorant, and soap which have been banned by French authorities for over 75 years. Armstrong's girlfriend and American rocker Sheryl Crowe is quoted as saying, "We use them every day in America, so we naturally thought they'd be OK throughout Europe."

Along with these three banned substances, French authorities also physically searched Armstrong himself and found several other interesting items that they have never seen before, including a backbone and testicles.

Associated Press Friday, August 5, 2005; 11:00 PM PARIS, France --

Lance Armstrong's record setting seventh Tour de France victory, along with his entire Tour de France legacy, may be tarnished by what could turn out to be one of the greatest sports scandals of all time. Armstrong is being quizzed by French police after three banned substances were found in his South France hotel room while on vacation after winning the 2005 Tour de France.

The three substances found were toothpaste, deodorant, and soap which have been banned by French authorities for over 75 years. Armstrong's girlfriend and American rocker Sheryl Crowe is quoted as saying, "We use them every day in America, so we naturally thought they'd be OK throughout Europe."

Along with these three banned substances, French authorities also physically searched Armstrong himself and found several other interesting items that they have never seen before, including a backbone and testicles.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol::thumbs good stuf mate!

It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't true.

I heard on the radio the other day Lance is not going to retire. He's going to compete next next season.

He said "the door isn't closed" and that he's "still thinking about it."

I can't decide whether him winning another TDF would shut 'em up or just piss 'em off more. I don't much care, though, I like 'em both. :)

That's some good stuff, but I was just thinking, it's pretty sad that I have this opinion of French people when I have never been to France, never met a French person that I know of and have only seen like one French movie in my life. I love French toast though, with syrup and powered sugar, yummy, oh and with one of each; sausage, bacon and egg sunny side up, and if I've still got room, a cinnamon pancake with maple syrup. Yummm.. Wait, what was the topic again? Sorry, I get distracted easily.

I hope he does come back and win another one. I think it would just piss of the French even more.............VIVA LANCE!!!

Damn straight, that's what they get for trying to tarnish his legacy. Now they'll have to wait another year for some other dude to win. Isn't it funny that the drug tests in question were from 1999 or 2000? If they had valid evidence maybe they should have brought it up at that time instead of fabricating some story about how the sample just now was tested.