OldSchool Herbie is BACK!!!

I love the retro Herbie logo! I still have a hat (from when it wasn't "retro") but have been looking for a shirt with the ol' logo. I guess they must be popular b/c everytime I come across one I want, its only available in S or XL+ :angry:

It killed me when Peddy beefed up Herbie. This is the Herbie I grew up knowing and loving.

If we're talking about the outfits and not the actual logo:

herbie90s.jpg

1990s Herbie looked MUCH better with the "94" or "95" football uni on but this was the only picture I could find. I always think of this one celebrating with Dwayne Harris after the safety in the '94 Orange Bowl. And for the record, he was pretty "beefed up", too.

Then they ($Bill Byrne?) replaced it with this.

herbie00s.jpg

If you are going to keep the same concept, why change it at all? He lost the beefed up arms and looked like a lypo-suction Herbie-- he lost weight but still had his fat clothes. Not to mention the expression went from I'm-going-to-kick-your-ass-and-enjoy-it to a clown. Which oddly enough fits what happened to the team in 2002 but that's another story.

I would love the '90s Herbie but if you don't like the current dark-haried outfit, keep in mind we still have this guy in the stands:

http://www.reallifeherbiehusker.com/pics/slides/herbietitze2.JPG