#20 Dayton at #7 Nebraska, Thursday 9/9/2010

#20 Dayton (5-1 overall, 0-0 Atlantic 10) at #7 Nebraska (5-1, 0-0 Big 12)

Ameritas Players Challenge

When: Thursday, September 9th, 7pm CT

Where: NU Coliseum, Lincoln, Nebraska

TV: NONE

Video Webcast: CLICK HERE (subscription required)

Audio Webcast: CLICK HERE

Live Stats: CLICK HERE

The 20th-ranked Dayton Flyers come into Lincoln to face more ranked competition after playing the 2010 Diet Coke Classic in Minneapolis last weekend, where they beat a tenacious #22 Northern Iowa team in five sets, beat Baylor in four sets, then got swept by a very good #8 Minnesota squad for their first loss of the season.

Former Husker Jessica Yanz is the starting setter for Dayton this season. After graduating from UNL in May, she transferred to Dayton for graduate school and still had one season of eligibility after stints at Penn State and Nebraska. She is a very good setter who just happened to end up behind two All-American setters at her previous schools. She played club ball at Sports Performance in Illinois, a top club well-known (in particular) for producing good setters, and I'm glad she is getting a chance to run the show at the collegiate level. (The previous setter at Dayton was tragically killed in a plane crash which created an emergency need at Dayton for a setter. John Cook and Tom Osborne helped clear the way for Jessica to be able to play this final season with the Flyers.)

The Huskers will have to contend with 6-6 MB Lindsay Fletemier, who recorded 28 kills and 20 blocks in three matches last weekend against good competition. She also has an active streak of 54 straight matches with at least one block. The Flyers will also look for offense from OH Rachel Krabacher, who had 38 kills in last weekend's tournament.

bdf2dfb181a46e367d0d0915202a8ef8.200.jpg Jessica Yanz

TEAM.gif

I caught some of the match on the radio when I was driving about town last night. At one point Delano had a huge kill, and JB said something like "Delano is 10/10 on kills... unless I'm mistaken, she has no errors tonight and is hitting around .900 for the match. Other than that, Dayton has totally shut her down."

Gotta love Baylor. The man is a treasure.

I caught some of the match on the radio when I was driving about town last night. At one point Delano had a huge kill, and JB said something like "Delano is 10/10 on kills... unless I'm mistaken, she has no errors tonight and is hitting around .900 for the match. Other than that, Dayton has totally shut her down."

Gotta love Baylor. The man is a treasure.

JB does a damn good job.