After Game Thoughts

billy c doesnt coach for his team (that was obvious last year), he coaches for himself.

maybe thats the vibe i get from him, he just doesnt seem real popular amongst some of his former players too, hope im wrong, hope im confusing confidence with arrogance. im with ya on last year though, seems like he gave up on winning and just wanted to try to build for the future, dont think that was right for the seniors IMO. hopefully if things start going sour this year its not a repeat of last. honestly i hope we're all wrong about BC and he makes a major impact here, but i do have my doubts about him being the man to lead the husker nation back to the top.

:yeah

I couldnt agree with you more. There are quite a few people around here that insist that some of last years players quit on the team. Wrong...

billy c quit on the players

No wonder why they didnt want to play for him.

billy c doesnt coach for his team (that was obvious last year), he coaches for himself.

maybe thats the vibe i get from him, he just doesnt seem real popular amongst some of his former players too, hope im wrong, hope im confusing confidence with arrogance. im with ya on last year though, seems like he gave up on winning and just wanted to try to build for the future, dont think that was right for the seniors IMO. hopefully if things start going sour this year its not a repeat of last. honestly i hope we're all wrong about BC and he makes a major impact here, but i do have my doubts about him being the man to lead the husker nation back to the top.

:yeah

I couldnt agree with you more. There are quite a few people around here that insist that some of last years players quit on the team. Wrong...

billy c quit on the players

No wonder why they didnt want to play for him.

I agree. HE could careless if we won last year. If he did he wouldn't of had panico in there last year.

I noticed Taylor was on firre earlyi n the game...10-12 or something. I also noticed Callahan scripted his first 15 plays or so. You noticed Taylor didn't have to run the plays in himself. Players brought them in ...very quickly I add. But could Callahans play calling be the cause for Zac's downfall.?

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive.  Especially Grixby.  When the qb had time to throw the just kept throwing 8-10 yd outs towards grixby.  Our pass defense over the middle was good though.  Our outside needs some work. 

Just curios besides the long ball on Wilson. How many yards did we give up through the air? That's right 99. That's not to bad if you ask me.

The defense overall did very well. We had pressure on the qb. I am just evaluating the game. There were times when they had time to throw that made some completions against our db's. This was especially true in the first half. How many 3 and outs did our defense have in the first half. I know there weren't too many. That is evident by the time of possession from the first half. We made the TOP close because of our fourth quarter when we had some drives and chewed up the clock with Lucky left, Lucky right. What I am saying is if Maine is able to have some success what will happen against OU, ISU, CU, TT, KSU the DI teams with better athletes and players.

I thought our cb's weren't very impressive.  Especially Grixby.  When the qb had time to throw the just kept throwing 8-10 yd outs towards grixby.  Our pass defense over the middle was good though.  Our outside needs some work. 

Just curios besides the long ball on Wilson. How many yards did we give up through the air? That's right 99. That's not to bad if you ask me.

Now that I have had time to mull over the stats, Maine had 1 receiver with 7 receptions. He only had 93 yards and I am assuming that 52? of them came on the td pass. Maine wasn't out there throwing bombs, they were out there throwing passes to move the sticks. That is what they did in the 1st half. Run for 3 or 4 yard, then throw a 7 yd out. 1st down do it again.

I am not trying to be negative, I am looking for areas we need to improve on. Hopefully I am wrong, but I think this could be a problem the whole year.

... lots of teams struggled against lesser teams today...maybe it was just something in the air!

Maybe I-AA is not as less as you thought. It's funny reading these threads at I-A fan sites. First they (some, not all) start out calling a I-AA team a cupcake, not worthy of playing their team (even if their team is ranked lower than the I-AA team). They also throw in the obligatory "D2" slur for good measure. They say we will show them how loud we are, even though top stadiums in I-AA like Montana reach 110 decibels regularly. They say how talented they are (with 22 extra scholarships no less) and how lucky I-AA is to play their team. They crow about how they play greater competition and how bad the teams are that I-AA plays. This puffy-chested behavior continues right up to the game and when their team gets beat back by the I-AA then immediately they compensate. WE didn't play well. WE didn't execute. WE dropped passes and fumbled. WE gave it away. They neglect to mention that maybe the I-AA team was the reason they fumbled, dropped passes, didn't run well, didn't execute, didn't win or didn't have a blow out.

Just something to think about. Congrats to Nebraska on pulling out a victory over a good Maine team. Give I-AA some credit is the point, they are your D-I brethren.

You have some good points about Div. ll football, but Maine was not a good ball club. They were middle of their conference last year. Husker mistakes were their own fault. Maine had nothing to do with the fumbles-they may have hit the ball carrier, but they are trained to hold onto the ball no matter what. Maine did not cause the dropped passes. I still can't believe that when the state of montana packs every person into their 20,000 seat stadium, you think it can compete with Nebraska? I dont need to argue that, you are just way off base with that comment. NU is one of the most storied programs in the nation, with the best fans in the world, there is no argument there.

You have some good points about Div. ll football, but Maine was not a good ball club.  They were middle of their conference last year.  Husker mistakes were their own fault.  Maine had nothing to do with the fumbles-they may have hit the ball carrier, but they are trained to hold onto the ball no matter what.  Maine did not cause the dropped passes.  I still can't believe that when the state of montana packs every person into their 20,000 seat stadium, you think it can compete with Nebraska?  I dont need to argue that, you are just way off base with that comment.  NU is one of the most storied programs in the nation, with the best fans in the world, there is no argument there.

Ralph, Don't confuse him (HF66) with facts. :wacko: ...his mind is made up. :bang

You have some good points about Div. ll football, but Maine was not a good ball club.  They were middle of their conference last year.  Husker mistakes were their own fault.  Maine had nothing to do with the ... I still can't believe that when the state of montana packs every person into their 20,000 seat stadium, you think it can compete with Nebraska ... NU is one of the most storied programs in the nation, with the best fans in the world, there is no argument there.

I was not talking about D-II except that ridiculous I-A fans post obligatory slurs like that, thanks for once again proving my point. Look at these ratings for all of the NCAA:

39 James Madison

50 Harvard

63 New Hampshire

66 William & Mary

71 Nebraska

75 Montana

77 Delaware

79 S Illinois

80 Ga Southern

87 Furman

88 E Washington

90 Cal Poly

95 Villanova

99 Sam Houston St

101 Massachusetts

102 Penn

104 Northeastern

106 N Dakota St

108 Maine

That makes Maine the #18 team in I-AA last year according to Massey (http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=cf&yr=2004) who has a BCS computer system that rates all of NCAA football. Oh, and looky there... three A-10 teams are ranked ahead of Nebraska... and Maine is the eighth-ranked A-10 team... so out of 12 teams Maine was eighth, not in the middle.

Everyone knows that Maine knocked off an SEC team last year and surely everyone knows that they could not possibly have any affect on the great Nebraska team this year... <_<

I went to the University of Michigan's stadium, you know, the "BIG HOUSE" and I have also been to the Montana Stadium. Guess what, Mich had 110K and Montana had 23+K and Montana was much louder. It has to do with acoustics, not the number of fans.

BTW, I have never slighted Nebraska fans (NU= Northeastern in I-AA) so I'll let you stay all paranoid and insular while I enjoy a knowledgable college football existance. Bon voyageeeeeeee! :cheers

Where did you find that worthless poll? You would drag out a computer poll into this, they are the worst things to hit college football. That shows nothing until you look at schedules and performance. It really isn't that surprising that these Div 1-AA teams put up a fight, that is where all of the athletes that arent wanted in 1-A go.

Where did you find that worthless poll? You would drag out a computer poll into this, they are the worst things to hit college football. That shows nothing until you look at schedules and performance. It really isn't that surprising that these Div 1-AA teams put up a fight, that is where all of the athletes that arent wanted in 1-A go.

Jerry Rice

Walter Payton

Kurt Warner

Rich Gannon

etc, etc, etc.

You should quit while you're not too far behind.

Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Where did you find that worthless poll? ... That shows nothing until you look at schedules and performance. ... Div 1-AA teams put up a fight, that is where all of the athletes that arent wanted in 1-A go.

That's a rating that is used to award your championship trophy. It is based on performance and schedule. :wtf

Your last comment displays your knowledge of college football. :lol:

Adiossssssssssssss!

wow, you have to edit my message now just to try to find something to yap at me for. In case you didn't know, the BCS causes an uproar every year for its inaccurate computer polls that keep the 2 best teams from playing for the title. I can't believe you honestly would stand behind a computer poll, they know nothing and don't see any of the games. Going by numbers and ratings rather than by what you see on the field is just plain stupid. Hopefully you follow through with your adios and really do get off of this board!