Western Michigan at #7 Nebraska, Friday 9/10/2010

Western Michigan (6-2 overall, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) at #7 Nebraska (6-1, 0-0 Big 12)

Ameritas Players Challenge

When: Friday, September 10th, 7pm CT

Where: NU Coliseum, Lincoln, Nebraska

TV: NONE

Video Webcast: CLICK HERE (subscription required)

Audio Webcast: CLICK HERE

Live Stats: CLICK HERE

Western Michigan faces two top ten teams today, starting with a match against #3 Illinois at 11am before playing Nebraska tonight. The Broncos have not lost a set in their last five matches, and their only loss for the season was in four sets against #26 Ohio State. This is a young team, with only one senior on their roster (OH Allyson Doyle), and six freshmen, four of which see significant playing time. Their tallest player is 6-1 MB Emily Harris, and the height differential against the Huskers may pose some problems for Western Michigan.

The Broncos are led by talented junior setter Sam Viox.

YMWJLMJCVMHIHBA.20100818202815.JPG Sam Viox

JTHQZTNPPVXHZFX.20100817171021.jpg

Huskers sweep -17 -17 -11.

Penn State beats Florida to keep that ridiculous win streak alive. This was one of the big tests for Penn State after losing some of their key players.

Thanks for the link. Got to see the last few points. Florida almost came back from 24-18 in that 4th set I havent seen PSU's schedule but that has to be one of the tougher tests they have this year in regular season.

That is crazy, they have such an amazing streak going. Will be very tough to ever beat their current streak.

I can't imagine it'll ever be broken. That's a hell of a streak. I'm just bummed I haven't gotten to see more of their matches. I think I've only watched six or seven matches, including the Qwest Center match where we beat them a few years back. They looked pretty average that day. Seems they've come around since then. :)

#1 Penn State has an even bigger test tonight against #2 Stanford. If they get through Stanford, their next big test will be at #3 Illinois on 9/24. I predicted at the beginning of the season that the streak would end against either Florida or Stanford in this tournament. Stanford is a better defensive team than Florida, so maybe that will be the difference tonight. I'm still sticking with my prediction but I'm not as confident about it now that I've seen Penn State play a couple of times. It's going to be a great match either way though.

Sadly, even with #1 vs. #2 and the "possible of the streak" angle, it won't be televised anywhere, or even have a video webcast.