Boundary screens suck

tmfr15

Seriously, an extension of the run game? How many times does our WR get hit almost the second that he catches the ball? One-yard gain. two-yard loss. Are we looking to wear down the corner or are we looking to get our WR hurt on one of those lame plays? I will tell you this, if you are a WR and the target of one of these screens, better get your head on a swivel...and I mean fast, cause DBs love to come up and drill WRs so that they can look tougher than they really are.

I don't mind WR quick screens, but throw it to someone who should be running it. Michigan uses them a fair amount, but guess what? They have really fast athletes at that position that can catch the ball and make a play. From what I have seen, we do not have such athletes at the WR position. They could be buried in the roster somewhere, but I haven't seen them yet.

And no, regardless of what Watson thinks, Kinnie is not a good candidate for this.

Our receivers are more possession receivers than anything else, or at least that's the way I look at them. I don't think bubble screens or WR screens should be used by us. Keep the WR's blocking and catching deep balls. :horns2

Please send a letter to Watson explaining this. I don't think he gets it.

With such a large amount of inconsistency and inexperience at the QB, Watson has no choice but to use bubble screens to help spread defense out across the field. We can't throw the ball down field so unfortunately this is our only choice. Those plays are used more for opening up running lames than making bigs plays.

With such a large amount of inconsistency and inexperience at the QB, Watson has no choice but to use bubble screens to help spread defense out across the field. We can't throw the ball down field so unfortunately this is our only choice. Those plays are used more for opening up running lames than making bigs plays.

Ganz was a fifth year senior in 2008 and could throw the ball down the field. Our WRs were no better equipped to run these WR screens then, yet I saw anywhere from two to four per game.

Ganz was a fifth year senior in 2008 and could throw the ball down the field. Our WRs were no better equipped to run these WR screens then, yet I saw anywhere from two to four per game.

We also had the number 12 rated offense in the country with Ganz at the helm and we used bubble screens.