Suh becomes spokesman for Omaha Steaks

Nexus

My favorite steakhouse here in NYC is Peter Luger's, perhaps you have heard of it? I've only been there twice for my father's birthday because it is pretty pricey. It probably isn't as good as the elite of the west though.

http://www.peterluger.com/

They also have the best steak sauce on the planet bar none. Locally though for me, Cantone's in Harrisburg has the best steak in all of Central Pa.

Most of the Prime cuts make their way to premiere markets like NYC. So, theoretically, Luger's is possibly the best steak anywhere. I'll definitely hit it up the first time I travel through NYC on the way home. It is true that they look down on putting sauce on the steak. It reminds me of Chicago where they will not put ketchup on your hotdogs. They give it to you in packets and ask you to put it on after you leave. I don't use real garlic because it is concentrated. I would have to fine mince it and that's too much work. I should consider bringing some steaks here to pair with some local garlic. The f'ing Carpathian variety of garlic is the best sh#t on the planet. Sweet mother of god, this garlic will change your life. I'm also a fan of whole peppercorns on top of the steak if it isn't a choice cut. I had a job for a while at the Animal Science department on campus. If you get lucky and know the right people they might ask you to come in and do a blind taste testing on steaks. I had some opportunities to try other meats, but I passed.

I definitely don't cook the best steak here. One of the Meat Science faculty on campus probably holds the honor of cooking the best tasting steak I've ever eaten.

If you are looking for a decent steak at a rock bottom price, I'd recommend the yearly Steak Fry at the Animal Science building. They get a bunch of meat donated by I believe Cargill. The price is 6 dollars, 5 in advance. It includes something like potatoes and corn and a can of soda. Money goes to block and bridle. It was on Sept. 9th so sadly you missed this years.

My favorite steakhouse here in NYC is Peter Luger's, perhaps you have heard of it? I've only been there twice for my father's birthday because it is pretty pricey. It probably isn't as good as the elite of the west though.

http://www.peterluger.com/

I could probably go to a local Hy-Vee here in Omaha and grill up a finer steak myself for far cheaper! :)

What really sucks is that I love seafood too and living in Omaha does not help matters.