Phil Steele's Weekly Prediction

Husker Z

Part about Phil Steele's predictions I like most this week though? UT losing to TTech by 1...

Not me, I want UT undefeated when they come to Lincoln.

As nice as that sounds (and it really does), I'm hoping for a 1 loss Texas. If Texas is undefeated, then they beat Oklahoma, and in that case they win the South tiebreaker (assuming both don't have a wtf game).

And as great as it would be to have an opportunity to beat Texas twice, I would much rather play an undefeated Oklahoma against an undefeated Nebraska for the Big 12 championship that has NC implications. :koolaid2:

Your argument doesnt make sense. Tejas plays both TT and OU before us. If you want Tejas to be a 1 loss team when they play us, yet want them to lose this week that would mean you want them to beat OU?

If you want a 1 loss Tejas team you want them to win this week and lose the next agianst OU thus setting the stage for OU to run the table. But I must warn you, I dont think UT has ever lost back to back games in the B12 so I would prefer they win a hard fought game agianst OU. I think it would be best if they rolled into Lincoln undefeated and then there season falls apart after we take care of them.

Part about Phil Steele's predictions I like most this week though? UT losing to TTech by 1...

Not me, I want UT undefeated when they come to Lincoln.

As nice as that sounds (and it really does), I'm hoping for a 1 loss Texas. If Texas is undefeated, then they beat Oklahoma, and in that case they win the South tiebreaker (assuming both don't have a wtf game).

And as great as it would be to have an opportunity to beat Texas twice, I would much rather play an undefeated Oklahoma against an undefeated Nebraska for the Big 12 championship that has NC implications. :koolaid2:

Your argument doesnt make sense. Tejas plays both TT and OU before us. If you want Tejas to be a 1 loss team when they play us, yet want them to lose this week that would mean you want them to beat OU?

If you want a 1 loss Tejas team you want them to win this week and lose the next agianst OU thus setting the stage for OU to run the table. But I must warn you, I dont think UT has ever lost back to back games in the B12 so I would prefer they win a hard fought game agianst OU. I think it would be best if they rolled into Lincoln undefeated and then there season falls apart after we take care of them.

How awesome would be a for an undefeated Texas team to come into Lincoln be exposed by Nebraska. Remember how when USC came to town in 07 and it was all hyped up. I still have nightmares of them running giant holes up the middle against our supposedly good defense. Our season kinda fall apart after that. I want that to happen to Texas, them to be exposed for the fraud they are.

Phil knows his stuff. If he bases his prediction on the 1st two weeks, he has seen us let up on O or D at some point it may give UW an opening. I think we have been pretty vanilla and wouldn't be surprised to see us have bigger plays downfield or more timely blitzes.

I like blowouts when we should blow someone out or against teams like 94 Colorado or 96 Florida when the teams are cocky and no one thinks we can win. I like close games like OU 2001 when crouch caught the TD. just the pure joy of a huge play to win it. I hate close games like Texass or VT where we crap/get crapper on to lose