The INVASION of Seattle has Begun

The visiting section is in the West end zone, easily the worst seats in any stadium I have ever been to. the first row is 35 yards from the back of the endzone and it is not covered from the rain. Any noise from this section is easily drowned out

*see attached picture, the visitor seats are in the closed end directly behind the endzone.

How can a visitng team win in those conditions? I mean really. It doesn't even seem fair.

The visiting section is in the West end zone, easily the worst seats in any stadium I have ever been to. the first row is 35 yards from the back of the endzone and it is not covered from the rain. Any noise from this section is easily drowned out

*see attached picture, the visitor seats are in the closed end directly behind the endzone.

If there are going to be 20-30 thousand Husker fans there, they won't all be in the visitor's section... Hopefully they can make a little noise while Locker's on the field.

is it so loud just because of those awnings? i cannot figure out what would make this stadium so much louder than others.

I went to all the games in the 1990's in Seattle and here are my observations about the reasons for the noise:

1. The Awnings are designed to bounce the noise directly down to the field and they are steel that resonates once the decibles get high.

2. The seats under the awnings are simple bleachers so more people can fit between the 20's, about 70% of the capacity is between the 20's and under the Awnings

3. The crowd is loud to begin with.

What is the capacity of the stadium? To me it looks 60k at most. With half of that supposed to be Big Red faithful, I dont think it will be that bad.

the listed capacity is 72,500

Bigger than I thought. Still if the supposed 30k show up, we wont be that out numbered.

As much as I want 30k to show up, it will more likely be in the 15k range at the most.

As I posted in another thread, the team is staying in the suburb of Bellevue (about 10 minutes from downtown Seattle if not rush hour). There are ZERO huskers running around over here besides me and the team. I ran into a couple players this afternoon outside the Hyatt Hotel where the team is staying. They are taking in a movie across the street from the hotel right now and will be heading back to the hotel around 7pm. If you can, catch a cab over and wish the team well. Bellevue is nothing like Seattle (ultra-modern, super clean, and RICH!), but there are some really nice up-scale bars, restaurants, shopping next to the hotel, so you could hang out over here for a while before heading back to wherever you are staying tonight.

GBR!!