For the Taylor (Snuffy) Critics...

Hercules

Martinez has unbelievable poise for a freshman. That was about as hostile an environment as you could get today (from a crowd noise standpoint). He seems unflappable. As someone already pointed out, if he makes a bad play he just puts it behind him and moves on. I am very impressed with what he has shown as a guy that is just starting his career here. Just think about it: He has this season and three more years to develop after that. He truly has the potential to develop into one of our great qb's. That said, we need to keep a serviceable backup behind him just in case the unthinkable happens and he gets injured.

How right you are --- on every point --- especially the "if he gets hurt, we need a servicable backup." Well, seems to me that Zac Lee should be that backup. He is experienced, mentally tough, battle hardened and can play reasonably well. The thing with Cody Green baffles me. He cannot run --- unless running up the back of a blocker constitutes running. He has no moves, has modest (at best) elusiveness and he often falls into contact (rather than running through people). Of course, he fumbles a great deal. And, as a passer he is dangerous --- for us. Lee should be the backup as Carnes is prepped for next year. Green? A position change is in order. Where? Not sure.

:yeah

I mean I like the kid, I root for him to do a good job; but he just doesn't have it. I don't know why but I think a position switch is in order. He is one of the very few that have not flourished under Pelini.

Are people still criticizing him? If they're not, then the point of this thread is...what...?

Maybe not... But I am legitimately curious if anyone can think of a more impressive road start.

he played fine, he just needs to develop his passing game more

I thought the passing game was fine today. A few incompletes and no picks? Why pass when you can run? Answer me that.