"Nebraska's running game is terrifying"

Husker66

As good as we've looked, I can't help but wonder how we'll run against the Texas D, which looks every bit as fierce as ours, and which I believe is considered the best run D in the nation right now. I hope Martinez doesn't get beat to sh#t from all the hard hits.

Very true. I re-watched the game last night and noticed so many bad arm tackles we ran right through. And slow reacting linebackers we ran right by..

As terryfing as our running game may be, Taylor is going to have to beet people through the air at some point. Texas will have the talent at CB to play man to man and commit everyone else to stopping the run.

I am really disappointed in Robinson so far, but think that Burkhead and Helu look better than ever. I hope Robinson picks it up though, he showed flashes during the Iowa State game last year of being something great. I just worry about our 3rd string guy in the event that Helu or Burkhead gets injured again.

oh yea, another fumble, that was a great flash

As good as we've looked, I can't help but wonder how we'll run against the Texas D, which looks every bit as fierce as ours, and which I believe is considered the best run D in the nation right now. I hope Martinez doesn't get beat to sh#t from all the hard hits.

Very true. I re-watched the game last night and noticed so many bad arm tackles we ran right through. And slow reacting linebackers we ran right by..

As terryfing as our running game may be, Taylor is going to have to beet people through the air at some point. Texas will have the talent at CB to play man to man and commit everyone else to stopping the run.

This was #5 on Low's ESPN blog...

5. So is Texas' defense. The offense clearly has to make strides, but this was a "Wow" performance from the Longhorns. Most "wow-worthy" was how easy the Longhorns made it look. They stopped the run. They rushed four guys. That left the rest to a secondary and linebacking corps full of pro talent, who gave Texas Tech quarterback Taylor Potts nowhere to go with the ball, while running from those four rushers who provided constant pressure and finished with four sacks. Coach Mack Brown said in August he thought this year's version had a chance to be his best defense ever. More performances like the one it turned in on Saturday night in Lubbock will prove Brown right.