Rob Long votes Nebraska 13 in AP Poll

irafreak

Reality is the way the majority looks at it. The majority of the country thinks we are mirrors after last week, on the rise, but not a top ten team.

We were very lucky that game was not on regional or national TV.

Wisconsin, maybe Arizona only due to past game, would I bet on us beating at this time.

Bama, Ohio State, Florida, Oregon, Boise State, TCU and we will know more about Stanford this weekend, would shut us down quickly if we fumble the ball away, are one demensional as we appear to be. But if someone would have told me 3 years ago the Huskers look to be a top 7-10 I would have been happier than a clam, and damned near as happy 13th.

As stated last week, we have beaten no one, while others have faced tough competition. That is not a knock on Nebraska for play, but scheduling. This crap has got to stop as we go into conference unknowing of what we really are, and it is possible for the coaches to not know as eveidenced by last week.

Long figures us a little lower than I would pick up, but by no means unrealistic.

We'll see. I'm not sure if Martinez just had a bad day or what? He's made some decent mid range throws this year so he could have a hot game in which case I think we could beat anyone. Could we beat Arkansas? They played toe to toe with Alabama. It's all stuff to consider. I think a team like Alabama would be our biggest challenge due to their power run game.

I think we could shut down a lot of other teams but the bottom line is our schedule honestly could get us into the NC game. Big IF but seriously...we're not NC material at this time in the season but our linebackers will improve, our qb will find rhythm with his wideouts and we only need to take each game one at a time. We should be favored against KSU. We win and probably are favored against Texas and they could be really beat up by then. The list goes on but I expect this team to be playing like a top 5 team at the end of the season. We just need to make it to the end unscathed....