#13 Texas at #3 Nebraska, Saturday 10/2/2010

This was one heck of an entertaining match. I watched this while flipping back to football during commercials. Two heavyweight fighters exchanging shots all match long.

I'm glad we finally ended that losing streak to Texas. Four matches in a row has to be in the top three longest streaks ever for Nebraska.

Nebraska wins S4 25-20 to win the match 3-1. Some communication issues at times and the first set especially would have been a lot closer if Texas hadn't killed themselves with service errors, but a pretty good match all around for Nebraska. Killer match for Delano. Also some nice play from Broekhuis. We'll need her to be clicking by tournament time so it's good to see her stepping up today.

While Delano and Broekhuis had great matches, the MVP to me was the little chick in the black jersey. Banwarth had some amazing saves.

While Delano and Broekhuis had great matches, the MVP to me was the little chick in the black jersey. Banwarth had some amazing saves.

:thumbs

Kayla is one hell of a Libero. She flies under the radar but she's definitely a force in the back row. She's also one heck of a setter if Anderson/Cook take first ball. She's been a lot of fun to watch develop over the years. It's sad to see her go, but Pendergast is looking pretty serviceable back there, too.