Texas Athletes against our running game

unl123

Our #1 D is just as, if not faster than what Texas's #1 unit is. Martinez has made our #1 D look foolish at times in practice and our guys have been lining up against Martinez for just shy of 2 years now. (Martinez was doing insane things running the scout team against our #1's last year.)

I think we'll be fine.

It's not the speed that's the question. We have more speed on this Defense than probably any defense in the Mack Brown era. The problem is that they're not playing disciplined football and opposing teams have exploited that. We'll see if Muschamp got things corrected in the past two weeks. I'd expect him to throw the sink at Martinez and try and confuse him but I'd be shocked if we don't give up some huge scrambles on broken plays where our defense over-pursued.

Amazing how it always boils down to disciplined execution, isn't it? Clearly it's a concern for Texas, and the Huskers have seen the consequences of poor execution as well. My guess is that both teams, especially the defenses, will come out focused and executing each play to a T.

A few of you guys are kidding ur selfs by saying we wont get yards of 15 or more :laughpound did you guys even watch the tu ou game? :LOLtartar DeMarco Murray ran all over the horns ,and helu is just as good as murray is he gets in open feild you and getting roy. I think roy will break a long run this game just like last year against the sooners :bigredn:

A few of you guys are kidding ur selfs by saying we wont get yards of 15 or more :laughpound did you guys even watch the tu ou game? :LOLtartar DeMarco Murray ran all over the horns ,and helu is just as good as murray is he gets in open feild you and getting roy. I think roy will break a long run this game just like last year against the sooners :bigredn:

I agree.

Everybody and their brother is making Texas's defense to be a mid-70s Pittsburgh Steelers clone. I don't buy that at all. "Especially" vs the run. They haven't played a team even remotely as powerful or explosive as NU on the ground. If UCLA can gashed them (at Texas!), we sure as hell can too. They've never dealt with anybody even close to Tmart's rocket acceleration and coupled with Roy/Rex they'll have their hands full too.

I agree.

Everybody and their brother is making Texas's defense to be a mid-70s Pittsburgh Steelers clone. I don't buy that at all. "Especially" vs the run. They haven't played a team even remotely as powerful or explosive as NU on the ground. If UCLA can gashed them (at Texas!), we sure as hell can too. They've never dealt with anybody even close to Tmart's rocket acceleration and coupled with Roy/Rex they'll have their hands full too.

It says a lot about the quality of posters this board has that I had to really look for something to bump, but I found ya. Thanks for that, its late and I need bed.

So, anyway, how'd that work out for ya?

It's been a wacky season by any account.

Teams (like Kansas, or UCLA) have had bad weeks followed by really good ones. They've pounded on good teams, then turned around and lost to bad ones. In KU's case, again and again. UCLA is just enigmatic. KSU got blown to pieces by Nebraska, then turned around and laid that on Kansas. Texas got taken to the shed by UCLA, and now we're back here.

This game was really hard to read. I thought teams like KSU would have given us more trouble, and jumped a little too much on the bandwagon with the performance we put up on them, along with Texas' struggles. But with Muschamp as the DC, and the athleticism on that defense, this was definitely not a scenario that you couldn't envision. Although I thought it would most likely fall under either big win/big loss.

I agree.

It says a lot about the quality of posters this board has that I had to really look for something to bump, but I found ya. Thanks for that, its late and I need bed.

So, anyway, how'd that work out for ya?

never mind that most of this thread is people saying that we would have a tougher time running on texas, and would only win "if we don't turn the ball over." And never mind that as many or more Texas fans than NU fans were thinking we were going to run all over the place.