3 Freshmen Bolster D-Line

DJR313

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...3&u_sid=2012506

-According to this Dillard is down to 244 lbs. Cosgrove wants him at about 240.

-Justin Tomerlin is going to redshirt because he needs to get stronger. Nick Covey is also slated to redshirt.

-Cosgrove said Terrence Nunn and Cortney Grixby supply "tremendous ability" as punt returners. "We would have liked to have used them last year. They just didn't catch the ball with any consistency."

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_...3&u_sid=2012506

-According to this Dillard is down to 244 lbs. Cosgrove wants him at about 240.

-Justin Tomerlin is going to redshirt because he needs to get stronger. Nick Covey is also slated to redshirt.

-Cosgrove said Terrence Nunn and Cortney Grixby supply "tremendous ability" as punt returners. "We would have liked to have used them last year. They just didn't catch the ball with any consistency."

Like the guys who did return kicks could do it with any consistency. I figure stick the guy back there and give them a chance anyway. But maybe 1 year can make a big difference.

If Nunn has a game like he did last week his special teams performance could be the difference in this game.  If we control  the mistakes, watch the interceptions,  fumbles, and dropped passes we could rack up 50 points on Wake.

Nunn's a solid player, makes some dazzling plays, but then drops a easy pass.

I agree. At this point, we need guys like Mulkey out there. I don't care if they don't run after the catch. At this point, we need to actually catch the ball.

50% of our offensive troubles are dropped passes. 50% of our offensive troubles are lack of run blocking by our offensive line.

I don't know how to fix the dropped passes. I don't even know if they can be "fixed" by coaching. But the offensive run blocking can be fixed. Our guys need to fire off the line, stay low, and move their feet. When I see them run blocking, they stand straight up out of their stance and try to over power people using only their upper body. You have to move your feet to be an effective blocker!

I think Turner is definitely the real deal. Hope he stays till he is a senior.
I totally agree Turner is the real deal, that boy can motor!! :thumbs

Give two years in the weight room and pack some "positive" pounds. He looks a little lanky out there.

PS Please dont follow this post up with "What is Kennedy doing, he keeps fattning all the players up and making them slow."