Nebraska's biggest opponent is Nebraska

Husker66

I mentioned this in another thread but was interested in diving into this topic a little deeper. And let me say I am happy with the direction of the program. etc. I have no grand illusions we are going to win a NC real soon. I watched Osborne struggle mightily for 25 years before finally figuring it out, but, is there a pattern brewing with this Pelini staff at this point?

Lets look at the last 5 losses in last 2 years

1. Va Tech on a last minute blown coverage . OK mistakes happen

2. ISU 9-7 with 8 fumbles , 4 or 5 in our redzone

3. b12 cg basically won, kunalic kicks the ball out of bounds followed by 2 big penalties, a second added, we lose

4. Texas 2010: we drop 3 VERY catchable td throws. yada yada about the line martinez, our o line etc. catch those balls and we get the W.

T Tech is the only game where we haven't given ourselves a spectatcular ESPN highlight reel self inflicted gunshot to the head.

Maybe game prep is different at home, I do not know but something is not lining up.

Nebraska's biggest opponent is Nebraska!

And for the first time since I have been following this team(35 years) our players don't play wellat home. We used to RARELY get beat at home, no team wanted to play in Lincoln...now.....I would rather the team travel.

Just wondering what you think. Atleast in 07 when we were getting tarred and feathered, we could make sense of it. not so much now.

Atleast in 07 when we were getting tarred and feathered, we could make sense of it. not so much now.

That's so very true. There is no rhyme nor reason for why we mess up these days. In the Callahan era we were simply poorly coached, poorly prepared, and poorly organized. These days we have a very solid defense that still looks amateurish at times. We have an offense that mows people down and looks like world-beaters one week, then looks like a bunch of true freshmen the next. You simply cannot predict this team anymore.

We are not worse than Texas. We are probably about as good as Texas right now. But when we are so inept, so bumbling that we become our own worst enemy, it doesn't matter how skilled we are. We're going to continue to lose games like this and there will be no explanation for the loss.

These games where you walk out of the stadium, shaking your head and saying, "What was that?" are just painful as all hell.