Why, what, who and the errors on the Offense

Nameless Husker, I have heard and read that Coack C has not tried to establish the run as much as he should considering this is not a run first offense. So I wonder how he is teaching our backs, are they looking for the holes, or freaking out when the OL doesn't do their jobs and open up the holes for the backs. Also keep in mind, we don't have the OLINE we did in the 80's and 90's that led us to several rushing titles, plus remember the running backs we have had over the years...Mike Rozier, L. Phillips, A. Green, these guys could make things happen on their own. The players today almost need things handed to them on a silver platter. The running backs I mentioned before were players with skills you couldn't teach, it was raw talent, our players today, seem like they need to be taught...Where does the blame lie now.

Nameless Husker, I have heard and read that Coack C has not tried to establish the run as much as he should considering this is not a run first offense.  So I wonder how he is teaching our backs, are they looking for the holes, or freaking out when the OL doesn't do their jobs and open up the holes for the backs.  Also keep in mind, we don't have the OLINE we did in the 80's and 90's that led us to several rushing titles, plus remember the running backs we have had over the years...Mike Rozier, L. Phillips, A. Green, these guys could make things happen on their own.  The players today almost need things handed to them on a silver platter.  The running backs I mentioned before were players with skills you couldn't teach, it was raw talent, our players today, seem like they need to be taught...Where does the blame lie now.

The players you mention had a hell of an offensive line to run behind. Players don't need everything handed to them, but they need someone to help handle the 11 guys on the other side of the ball. You can't establish the run without solid blocking.

With certain members of the line playing like they are, we would need a guy who can bounce it to the outside AND beat a cornerback or saftey to the corner consistently. Ross made a good play on Saturday, but I am pretty sure most of the backfield had gotten sucked into the middle of the field. I will have to check that play again.

:dis sorry, but the backs we have are just fine, the O line is sucking big time, that should be obvious by now, and Cally, prob knowing that too, has decided to pass first and hope the wideouts will start catching on and get comfortable catching the ball......at this point i sort of can't blame him, but Wagner(thks Nmless) better get that damn left side fixed and quick!!

hunter

Nameless Husker, I have heard and read that Coack C has not tried to establish the run as much as he should considering this is not a run first offense.  So I wonder how he is teaching our backs, are they looking for the holes, or freaking out when the OL doesn't do their jobs and open up the holes for the backs.  Also keep in mind, we don't have the OLINE we did in the 80's and 90's that led us to several rushing titles, plus remember the running backs we have had over the years...Mike Rozier, L. Phillips, A. Green, these guys could make things happen on their own.  The players today almost need things handed to them on a silver platter.  The running backs I mentioned before were players with skills you couldn't teach, it was raw talent, our players today, seem like they need to be taught...Where does the blame lie now.

The players you mention had a hell of an offensive line to run behind. Players don't need everything handed to them, but they need someone to help handle the 11 guys on the other side of the ball. You can't establish the run without solid blocking.

With certain members of the line playing like they are, we would need a guy who can bounce it to the outside AND beat a cornerback or saftey to the corner consistently. Ross made a good play on Saturday, but I am pretty sure most of the backfield had gotten sucked into the middle of the field. I will have to check that play again.

:yeah