T-MAGIC VERBAL LEADERSHIP!?

I don't care if the kid doesn't say a word and uses sign language to call the plays if he plays like he did Saturday.

And what happens when he plays like that, but the rest of the offense is terrible, and they need somebody to pick them up and get the motivated to go out and fix it? Do you care then?

I saw Martinez and Kinnie chatting it up on the sideline and it appeared to be positive back and forth between QB and WR. It appears that he is gaining confidence in Kinnie and likewise. It was good to see. We need not get ahead of ourselves and anoint Taylor, but he played well and showed that he is able to take the steps forward. With any freshman though, there is inevitably a step backwards at some point, I just hope it isn't as bad as the UT game, and the RB's and D can pick it up and make some plays.

I don't care if the kid doesn't say a word and uses sign language to call the plays if he plays like he did Saturday.

And what happens when he plays like that, but the rest of the offense is terrible, and they need somebody to pick them up and get the motivated to go out and fix it? Do you care then?

I was obviously joking about that, but seriously, why is everyone bent out of shape on this? I see him being very business like, which is good, QB's have A LOT to think about during the game. Get excited that you executed and scored, then get back to work for the next series.

From the few articles out there after the game, it sounds like he not only grew up in terms of his play in this offense this week, he also took on a new leadership role that his teammates hadn't seen before. They all said he was more vocal, more in command of the huddle and the biggest thing, never panicked, just calm and collected, which is how a QB needs to be.

This kid has a lot of confidence and a lot of talent. He is doing things that not too many freshman have ever done and not any at Nebraska. Both 5 TD's and yards thru the air were records for a freshman QB at Nebraska. If he shows too much emotion and talks too

much he may be perceived as cocky or arrogant. I love the fact that he acts like he has been in the endzone before and doesn't get too high.

Saturday was huge for Taylor, not only did he win his team over and cement himself as the true leader, he showed the whole nation he is not one dimensional. If you look at this team on offense, it is the same players as last year except for two spots, the O line has some new players and is improved but the QB is totally different.

How times did this O drop 51 on an opponent and win a shootout? They did it only against Sunbelt teams and not undefeated teams in the top 20. I read somewhere that it has been 13 years since NU had beaten a top 20 team on the road. I didn't check all the facts but if that is the case, that is another great sign for NU.

I think we just need to let Taylor be Taylor and continue to support his development and be thankful that we have this talented QB at NU.

I was obviously joking about that, but seriously, why is everyone bent out of shape on this? I see him being very business like, which is good, QB's have A LOT to think about during the game. Get excited that you executed and scored, then get back to work for the next series.

From the few articles out there after the game, it sounds like he not only grew up in terms of his play in this offense this week, he also took on a new leadership role that his teammates hadn't seen before. They all said he was more vocal, more in command of the huddle and the biggest thing, never panicked, just calm and collected, which is how a QB needs to be.

lol, yeah I know I was just messin with ya. Taylor has shown vast improvement in every criticism I have given him this year. I'll be giving him the benefit of the doubt from here on out.... unless he keeps trying those passes as hes headed to the ground... ;)

Yeah, it's crazy how exciting he can be at times, then all of a sudden he's using a two handed chest pass to Paul, who is 3 feet from him.

I said it at the beginning of the year, get ready for a roller coaster, you just hope the good out weighs the bad when you roll with a RS Frosh QB and so far, it has.

Haha I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "act like you've been there before" when a player celebrates a TD...now our freshman QB doesn't celebrate enough? These guys can't win.

+1 The best part is that Martinez doesn't need to act. He has been there before, and he'll make many returns. He knows it, his offense knows it. Nothing wrong with staying focused and taking care of business.