Henery's wise decision

Listen, the quote from the announcer was "He's a rugby-style kicker...blah, blah, blah." Not "He has a rugby kick in his arsenal," and not, "He's kicked like this before." They said that's what he does.

That is where I'm coming from. There's no reason to get snotty with sd'sker over this.

EDIT - further, anyone listening to the broadcast who thought these announcers truly understood the nuances of this Husker football team is dreaming. They were making stuff up as they went along, they made other stuff up (because they had NO idea Alex has punted this way before, guaranteed), and they made this up, too.

Listen, the quote from the announcer was "He's a rugby-style kicker...blah, blah, blah." Not "He has a rugby kick in his arsenal," and not, "He's kicked like this before." They said that's what he does.

That is where I'm coming from. There's no reason to get snotty with sd'sker over this.

thank you, that is what i was getting at. i just remember thinking, after whatever the announcers said, 'whatever are they talking about, henery is not a rugby style kicker.' i may have exaggerated in my post, but they definitely did not know what they were talking about.

again, i was just posting my thought during the game. when they said it, i distinctly remember thinking is was bizarre and they were just making stuff up. landlord, i too have an abnormally good memory.

thank you, that is what i was getting at. i just remember thinking, after whatever the announcers said, 'whatever are they talking about, henery is not a rugby style kicker.' i may have exaggerated in my post, but they definitely did not know what they were talking about.

again, i was just posting my thought during the game. when they said it, i distinctly remember thinking is was bizarre and they were just making stuff up. landlord, i too have an abnormally good memory.

I agree entirely that the announcers were spewing filth out of their mouths, no arguments here. I was just referring to you saying he didn't have that kind of kick, or hasn't kicked like that before, and the punt/run option. I think Bo's exact words in the post game presser were "He always has that option, we let him make that read" as far as that. I was a bit hostile in my response, my apologies on that. I've been really high and mighty lately.

I agree entirely that the announcers were spewing filth out of their mouths, no arguments here. I was just referring to you saying he didn't have that kind of kick, or hasn't kicked like that before, and the punt/run option. I think Bo's exact words in the post game presser were "He always has that option, we let him make that read" as far as that. I was a bit hostile in my response, my apologies on that. I've been really high and mighty lately.

gametime is coming up, i would expect nothing less.

yeah, i assumed i would get called out because i knew he had rugby kicked it, but like knapplc said, they made it seem like he was a rugby-style punter. also, i was unaware of the punt/run-option. i thought he was planning on punting, and just decided to look for the opportunity, which happened to be open. it is not like he rolls out on every punt looking to run. he must have saw something that gave him that idea.

Ok. You're right - the announcers did say, "He kicks a rugby style kick." Now, they could have meant that sometimes he does that, but it does sound like they don't know what they are talking about. But honestly I think the point they made got across. All they were saying was that OSU was thrown because it looked like a rugby style kick. We are hard on the announcers sometimes.

yeah, i assumed i would get called out because i knew he had rugby kicked it, but like knapplc said, they made it seem like he was a rugby-style punter. also, i was unaware of the punt/run-option. i thought he was planning on punting, and just decided to look for the opportunity, which happened to be open.

I think that's the same thing. The coaches tell him to read the situation, plan on punting unless you see that and if you do then go for it. Seems to me, anyway.

yeah, i assumed i would get called out because i knew he had rugby kicked it, but like knapplc said, they made it seem like he was a rugby-style punter. also, i was unaware of the punt/run-option. i thought he was planning on punting, and just decided to look for the opportunity, which happened to be open.

I think that's the same thing. The coaches tell him to read the situation, plan on punting unless you see that and if you do then go for it. Seems to me, anyway.

that seems impressive because punting is so technical that it would be hard to make a read so quick and still be able to get a clean punt off. but i guess if the guy drops back off right at the snap, then it makes sense.

edit: also, i was just criticizing the announcers to criticize them. i think they are bad at what they do.