Yet another blown call

tman

this helmet to helmet stuff befuddles me...as you could call about 5 guys on either side of the line of scrimmage for it every play...have you ever looked at the marks on those things? helmets freakin hit in football...thats why they wear them. ugh. i dunno. it all makes me sick.

Exactly. As a layperson, I don't the ins and outs of every rule (I sure made a fool of myself for botching what constitutes a "chop block!"), but I also know from playing that heads hit. I know some basic physics and when two people slam into each other with any speed, heads will very likely continue to move forward. It's also really possible that heads will hit incidentally and, hey, that's what the helmets are for! It's not against the rules for helmets to hit, it's against the rules to intentionally lower your head and drill someone else's head. Hard impacts are going to include helmet to helmet contact, it's just a fact. Everyone needs to calm down and think about what's inevitable, generally unavoidable, and simply a matter of course when people collide vs intentionally using your helmet to increase the effects of a collision.

Let's not turn this into another "halo violation" situation.

Their was a bunch of calls I didnt understand like the fumble that we recovered that allen took back for a TD and what the refs called it. Now that was something I didnt get. even ed said it was a fumble. I think we should all be weary of the next games we have big12 refs on dan beebes payroll for sure.