Props for Coz

I said this in another thread, but I will say it again. Wake has a good offense. They racked up well over 200 yards rushing against vandy, so saying that they lost because of their offense is just plain stupid. We had 18 tackles for loss, we limited them to 2.5 yards per carry, and we forced four turnovers, three of which went for touchdowns. Thats pretty good against a HIGH SCHOOL team, let alone a decent college offense. I am not putting Coz on a pedastal, but he does deserve some credit for the adjustments he has made this year. How about this Benard. Come out and say that Coz has done a good job these last two games. That way you arent saying anything about what will happen three weeks from now, because the lord knows we have heard enough about that, and you arent saying anything about the past, but you are talking about right here and now, and if you can actually manage to find fault with the defensive performance in the first two games, than your an idiot and there is nothing that I or anyone else can do about it. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.

They were acctualy close to 300 yards against Vandy. Other than that, :yeah

:)

I knew it was two hundred and something, because that big back they had had over 200 by himself, but I didnt wanna give Benard a chance to go, well actually they only had about 230 and use that as an excuse to avoid admitting that he was wrong. Just covering my tail.

I don't blame ya a bit :)

Just to clear it up, though, Wake had 274 yards on the ground with Micah Andrews rushing for 254.

Mauk also had 198 through the air and added 15 yards on the ground.

472 total yards sure is pathetic, isn't it?

I don't blame ya a bit :)

Just to clear it up, though, Wake had 274 yards on the ground with Micah Andrews rushing for 254.

Mauk also had 198 through the air and added 15 yards on the ground.

472 total yards sure is pathetic, isn't it?

Vandy also beat Arkansas and has one of the best looking QB's in the nation. They're opening a few eyes around the nation.

I said this in another thread, but I will say it again. Wake has a good offense. They racked up well over 200 yards rushing against vandy, so saying that they lost because of their offense is just plain stupid. We had 18 tackles for loss, we limited them to 2.5 yards per carry, and we forced four turnovers, three of which went for touchdowns. Thats pretty good against a HIGH SCHOOL team, let alone a decent college offense. I am not putting Coz on a pedastal, but he does deserve some credit for the adjustments he has made this year. How about this Benard. Come out and say that Coz has done a good job these last two games. That way you arent saying anything about what will happen three weeks from now, because the lord knows we have heard enough about that, and you arent saying anything about the past, but you are talking about right here and now, and if you can actually manage to find fault with the defensive performance in the first two games, than your an idiot and there is nothing that I or anyone else can do about it. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.

:yeah

And come on, this defense squad had 3 touchdowns. Nebraska throughout the years has played MUCH worse teams than Wake, and as dominant as the blackshirts have been, this is the first time we've gotten 3 defensive TDs in one game. You gotta hand it to our defense and our defensive coaches. This defensive squad is going to roll this year.... Quote me on that.

IMO the defense has improved from last year. cosgrove did well at UofI thats basicly what they have always been known for, that and a few QB's. if he continues this pattern with the D i will be very impressed, understandably he may have a few games where they are outclassed, but they seem to be playing better as a team and that makes a huge difference. progress, thats what im seeing, and thats all im asking for. as far as WF goes they are a good rushing team, play in a tough confrence so i think they played a good defensive game against them, yea wake made some mistakes, but how many were forced? did andrews just hand bullocks the ball or what? is mauk color blind and just threw it to the wrong guy? IMO the husker D was just better than the wake O which gives me hope for the future.

IMO the defense has improved from last year. cosgrove did well at UofI thats basicly what they have always been known for, that and a few QB's. if he continues this pattern with the D i will be very impressed, understandably he may have a few games where they are outclassed, but they seem to be playing better as a team and that makes a huge difference. progress, thats what im seeing, and thats all im asking for. as far as WF goes they are a good rushing team, play in a tough confrence so i think they played a good defensive game against them, yea wake made some mistakes, but how many were forced? did andrews just hand bullocks the ball or what? is mauk color blind and just threw it to the wrong guy? IMO the husker D was just better than the wake O which gives me hope for the future.

Hard for you or anyone else to say the defense has improved when they have played horrible offenses.

IMO the defense has improved from last year.  cosgrove did well at UofI thats basicly what they have always been known for, that and a few QB's.  if he continues this pattern with the D i will be very impressed, understandably he may have a few games where they are outclassed, but they seem to be playing better as a team and that makes a huge difference.  progress, thats what im seeing, and thats all im asking for.  as far as WF goes they are a good rushing team, play in a tough confrence so i think they played a good defensive game against them, yea wake made some mistakes, but how many were forced? did andrews just hand bullocks the ball or what?  is mauk color blind and just threw it to the wrong guy?  IMO the husker D was just better than the wake O which gives me hope for the future.

Hard for you or anyone else to say the defense has improved when they have played horrible offenses.

I give up. :blink:

wake isnt a"horrible offense" not saying they light up the world, but they can produce.  IMO they wouldnt have played them as well last year.  its getting ready to rain here anyhow..............

Don't even try, no matter who we play or how well our defense does Benard won't be happy till we hold USC to 4 total yards and 8 turnovers.

He wont be happy then either because "Callahan isnt from Nebraska and he doesnt do things the Nebraska way!!!" Whatever that means.

They have a entire thread on a different message board dedicated to Bernard/Shestev about how the only thing he ever says is how this team and coaches suck blah, blah, blah. The same post over and over and over.......

:bang:bang:bang:bang

I knew it was two hundred and something, because that big back they had had over 200 by himself, but I didnt wanna give Benard a chance to go, well actually they only had about 230 and use that as an excuse to avoid admitting that he was wrong. Just covering my tail.

and vandy is what? A good defense? wake ran good against us to but just bad coaching and some screw ups that led them to get away from it. Watch the film. They had some big holes where they didn't get touched for 4 yards. There offense is below average at best.