Props for Coz

People are in for a rude awakening about our defense. They aren't nothing like they've showed against 2 poor offfenses. People will be hating cosgrove in about 4 weeks or less.

LSU fans got their rude awakening this past Saturday do you think Benard? What happened to that great coach? He dropped from this list because the last two games he has coached his defenses have given up over 550 yards. Yikes.

I'm sure these rankings will change every week. Anyway right now our defensive numbers stack up against anyone in the nation. Will it stay that way? I sure hope it does. It seems like we have more speed at LB then we did last year so that will help. Also if Wake Forest has such a weak offense how come you picked them to beat us? That doesn't add up their guy.

Like you guys always say for an excuse for callahan and staff. He needs to get his players in the system. Works both ways right?

What's your "excuse" for Pelini then? He's been to 3 teams in no more than 5 years and he just "hasn't got the guys"? Maybe if he stuck around for more than a year, he could.

Before you say it, yes I understand that he got let go at NU. What about Oklahoma? They had a top notch defense before Super Bo got there.

It's kind of funny, that EVERYONE hated Coz last year, and this year it must just be the players or the weak opponents or the temperature for the night games or the loud fans or the tunnel walk music or the hurricane that George W caused........Anything but props to Coz. 

Hopefully he keeps this up all year and proves that he is a worthy coach.

People are in for a rude awakening about our defense. They aren't nothing like they've showed against 2 poor offfenses. People will be hating cosgrove in about 4 weeks or less.

I still don't know where you're getting poor offense for Wake. I think you're just ignoring facts so you can stay pissed off and depressed.

But hey, it'll probably rain tomorrow, right?

Uh they lost to vandy. They have a decent running game and no passing game at all.

Hmm, decent? A top ten rushing attack led by a top 5 running back. I guess I"m just willing to give teams their due and you're not willing to give us ours.

It's kind of funny, that EVERYONE hated Coz last year, and this year it must just be the players or the weak opponents or the temperature for the night games or the loud fans or the tunnel walk music or the hurricane that George W caused........Anything but props to Coz. 

I still don't know where you're getting poor offense for Wake. I think you're just ignoring facts so you can stay pissed off and depressed.

But hey, it'll probably rain tomorrow, right?

Uh they lost to vandy. They have a decent running game and no passing game at all.

Hmm, decent? A top ten rushing attack led by a top 5 running back. I guess I"m just willing to give teams their due and you're not willing to give us ours.

They did run the ball at times well when they actually did it. They always got themselves in trouble. They aren't a top 10 running team and don't ahve a top 5 back imo.

cosgrove=craiq bohl.

Do you remember the 01 season Benard? That Bohl Defense gave up less yards a game and 1 more point a game then your Boy "Super" Bo did in 03. I'll also throw out that OU last year gave up more yards and points per game then that Bohl lead defense. Cosgrove's resume is The Fighting Illini, the Badgers and the Big Red. He brought Jeff George to the Illini and helped the Badgers win a few Big 10 titles. That doesn't look like a bad resume.

I'll say it again the most passing yards LSU give up last year was 289. This year 460 in one game. Like you said about last years defense it was virtually the same team as 03. This LSU defense returned 8 starters. What happened there Benard?

Well we have no fear there. You have hated him since the day he got hired! Like others have stated. It will prolly rain today anways!

Jury is still out on cozgroovy. I'll admit that I havent been following all of NUs opponents completely, but it seems that the way the schedule is shaping up, the only really good offenses NU will face is going to be Tech, maybe Mizzou. ISU and CU could be pretty decent, and if OU gets things together, they could cause problems.

Its only been 2 games. The D played well for those 2 games, but so did the 03 squad (except for UT, MU, KSU) and so did the 01 squad, until the debacle in Boulder.

Lets see how things play out before we annoint this guy king of all things defensive :thumbs

cosgrove=craiq bohl.  you see the types of jobs pelini gets. packers,nu,okie,lsu.  Not a bad resume.  you can have cosgrove/bohl, I'll take pelini any day.

Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska. Are those not good schools? I am so glad that Pelini is gone. I don't care what you say about what positions Pelini has held recently. Pelini has NEVER HAD ANYWHERE NEAR THE SUCCESS OF KEVIN COSGROVE, PERIOD. Go ahead and look it up, Eeyore.

If Wake was so damn bad, then why did you pick them to win? Did you think Nebraska was that bad that they would lose to them at home? Or did you just know absolutely nothing about the opponent as well as this Husker team.(CHECK MY SCORE PREDICTION BEFORE YOU SNIFFLE AND BLOW SNOT BUBBLES). There are so many flaws in every single thing that you attempted to whine about that it's ridiculous.

I said this in another thread, but I will say it again. Wake has a good offense. They racked up well over 200 yards rushing against vandy, so saying that they lost because of their offense is just plain stupid. We had 18 tackles for loss, we limited them to 2.5 yards per carry, and we forced four turnovers, three of which went for touchdowns. Thats pretty good against a HIGH SCHOOL team, let alone a decent college offense. I am not putting Coz on a pedastal, but he does deserve some credit for the adjustments he has made this year. How about this Benard. Come out and say that Coz has done a good job these last two games. That way you arent saying anything about what will happen three weeks from now, because the lord knows we have heard enough about that, and you arent saying anything about the past, but you are talking about right here and now, and if you can actually manage to find fault with the defensive performance in the first two games, than your an idiot and there is nothing that I or anyone else can do about it. Just admit that you were wrong and move on.

Kind of like Pelini when he coached against good teams we got our butt kicked.

I'm not gonna eat any crow on this one, yet, but I hope to be eating it soon. I was one who wanted his head on a platter last year...in retrospect, I don't think the problems NU had on D last year were much his fault.

Last year's D was pretty good, not great, before things fell apart. I don't think that will happen this year. His record as a D coordinator wasn't too bad before he got here, and last year was just a mess for many, many reasons.

After wanting his head, I would like my crow with fava beans and rice.