Anyone know anything about USC recruiting? It doesn't exactly follow the norm.

They've picked up 4 recruits in the last week, bringing their total to 16. One of those was a kicker. When spots are priceless to a team how do you give a kicker a scholarship? How does their scholarship limitations figure out for the next few years, anyone know? They've always had small classes (19/19/27/18/19/18/18). How have they reached 85 in prior years when their classes where 5-10 smaller than most of ours? Were they already at 70 scholarship players when the sanctions were handed down? I don't see them having a massive walk on program, but I could be wrong. The numbers just don't add up. the last 5 years of recruits only total 100 (ours is 119). USC plays freshman a lot. Lot of transfers, etc. Do we really have 4-5 more players a year wash out of our program than USC?

Also, Sheldon Richardson is in that list of 16 now - HAHA Mizzou, biggest recruit of Pinkels career and he bolts. Kiffin must have brought in the helicopter. I'm sure it's nicer than Pinkel's. Or maybe it was a G6?

Anyone know anything about USC recruiting? It doesn't exactly follow the norm.

They've picked up 4 recruits in the last week, bringing their total to 16. One of those was a kicker. When spots are priceless to a team how do you give a kicker a scholarship? How does their scholarship limitations figure out for the next few years, anyone know? They've always had small classes (19/19/27/18/19/18/18). How have they reached 85 in prior years when their classes where 5-10 smaller than most of ours? Were they already at 70 scholarship players when the sanctions were handed down? I don't see them having a massive walk on program, but I could be wrong. The numbers just don't add up. the last 5 years of recruits only total 100 (ours is 119). USC plays freshman a lot. Lot of transfers, etc. Do we really have 4-5 more players a year wash out of our program than USC?

Also, Sheldon Richardson is in that list of 16 now - HAHA Mizzou, biggest recruit of Pinkels career and he bolts. Kiffin must have brought in the helicopter. I'm sure it's nicer than Pinkel's. Or maybe it was a G6?

I just know they lose 30 schollys over the course of 3 years. The details beyond that I have no knowledge on haha. I would also like an explanation on U$C's current situation.

Good Thread! Considering USC has taken between 16-18 kids the last few years and they lose 10 scholarships this year you'd think they are close to being finished with 16. The other thing that's interesting with them is that they are supposedly recruiting Patrick Onwasour as a DB and not a WR... which we know Patrick wants to play WR. If they only have a few spots left then we can be certain that those spots are not going to go to DL since they are already taking 6. Makes me think that Devonte Wilson is between Arizona and Nebraska Fur Real. You'd have to think that his Arizona visit this weekend will not impress him near as much as his Nebraska visit did.

I think we have a good chance of picking up Partick Onwasour too if we want him, for the same reason Devonte Wilson likes us.

I don't think USC is a real threat for the rest of the recruits out there that still have them on their list. Oregon is our Pac 10 threat right now along with Stanford.

I read somewhere that they can sign a bunch of guys that enroll in spring, then the 15 would be the fall enrollees. Something with the fact that they are playing under their scholarship limit right now. They're trying to get guys to come in the spring. Kent Turene just said, nevermind I'll be there after my season year, not at mid-term. A few more of those and they may have to force a few out.

According to scout, they have a kicker, punter and long snapper that are on board. Just odd.