Larry Johnson vs. Lawrence Phillips

I heard today on a radio show that Larry Johnson assaulted his girlfriend at a bar. He was with another girl and his GF walked in and confronted him. He ended up pushing her to the ground and assaulted her. Maybe he can call LP and get some tips so he does not end up going down the same road at him. The comparisons are there....this isn't his first assault accusation. All of the talent in the world, but NO BRAINS!!

Ya that's pretty messed up. I don't get how these super successful guys can do stuff like this. I mean, beating up your girlfriend.. that's so weak. These are HUGE guys, there's nothing these girls can do.. seriously weak.. do they get off on it... does it make them feel like they are BIG, does it feed their egos, or do they just enjoy hurting people... or is it just a problem with rage..I seriously don't get it.

A coworker, a Chiefs fan, of mine came to my desk today and said "It's 1995." I said why?

He said, he remembers in 95 driving to work hearing about how LP dragged his GF down some stairs etc, etc. And this morning on my way to work he heard about Larry Johnson.

I guess he was already on probation? Sounds like another Larry in the making?

I don't think this is how it went down at all.

LJ was out with his ex-girlfriend and the current girlfriend walked in. I don't remember when the hollerin' and screamin' started, either after the current girlfriend caught him or after she left and then LJ text'd her to meet him in the basement. Either way, there was a rucus and LJ told the bouncer to get her out of here, the bouncer basically said you ain't Preist Holmes and she can stay.

What I like is the fact that the cops showed up and no one wanted to press any charges. The girlfriend waits until the weekend (after she's talked to all her girlfriends and family) to press any charges. I can just imagine how this conversation must've went. . . . . "He's an NFL player with money, what do you mean you're not pressing charges :wtf "? So LJ is available to play against the Jets on Sunday and has a huge game and now all of a sudden the charges come out in the public. . . . . again :wtf

This is my $.02 based on what I'm hearing here in KC but it smells a little fishy to me. If I was betting, I'd say this thing will be settled out of court. Right now, the only thing I'd accuse LJ of is being stupid - for putting himself in this position.

I think they are alittle better than Ohio St. backs  :woo  :cheers

Lets see;

Ohio State

One 3rd round bust

Penn State

AT LEAST four 1st round busts.

That wasn't a knock on KC, btw, it was a knock on Penn State backs in general.

I know I was just comparing LJ to Maurice. Having alittle fun

At least LJ can run. And isn't fat.

Seriously though, it's simply mindboggling how badly Penn State running backs do in the NFL. It's like there's a curse on them.

• 2 weeks later...